From: David Kaye on
"Dragon" <qz39dragon.trapbait(a)ntlworld.com> wrote:

>Guess we'll never know for sure and each will continue to believe as they
>wish!
>Must say that what I see in my computers doesn't look much like skin cells.

It's easy enough to check, and as I said, there have been occasional calls for
household dust for the making of antigens in medicine. Skin cells as dust are
whitish grey and a bit oily to the touch.

From: Leythos on
In article <hse1ni$6r9$1(a)news.eternal-september.org>, sfdavidkaye2
@yahoo.com says...

> "Dragon" <qz39dragon.trapbait(a)ntlworld.com> wrote:
>
> >Guess we'll never know for sure and each will continue to believe as they
> >wish!
> >Must say that what I see in my computers doesn't look much like skin cells.
>
> It's easy enough to check, and as I said, there have been occasional calls for
> household dust for the making of antigens in medicine. Skin cells as dust are
> whitish grey and a bit oily to the touch.

Most of the dust we find in computers appears to be from construction
being done in the areas, dirt from the bottom of shoes that gets stirred
up as people walk across a floor and then pet/people hair.

Placing the computer above 20" seems to eliminate 90% of the dust
problem caused by floor traffic.

Trust yourself.
From: Dustin Cook on
Leythos <spam999free(a)rrohio.com> wrote in

> In article <hse1ni$6r9$1(a)news.eternal-september.org>, sfdavidkaye2
> @yahoo.com says...
>>
>> "Dragon" <qz39dragon.trapbait(a)ntlworld.com> wrote:
>>
>> >Guess we'll never know for sure and each will continue to believe as
>> >they wish!
>> >Must say that what I see in my computers doesn't look much like skin
>> >cells.
>>
>> It's easy enough to check, and as I said, there have been occasional
>> calls for household dust for the making of antigens in medicine.
>> Skin cells as dust are whitish grey and a bit oily to the touch.
>
> Most of the dust we find in computers appears to be from construction
> being done in the areas, dirt from the bottom of shoes that gets
> stirred up as people walk across a floor and then pet/people hair.

And the cig smokers? That... cruddy stuff in the fins. :)

--
"Hrrngh! Someday I'm going to hurl this...er...roll this...hrrngh.. nudge
this boulder right down a cliff." - Goblin Warrior

From: David Kaye on
Dustin Cook <bughunter.dustin(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>ahhh....well, good then; glad the recession hasn't put you under or
>anything.

Nope, the recession hasn't hit me at all. In fact, a few months ago I raised
my prices. I have found that my business has shifted from 95% malware removal
to about 40% today. The rest is hardware, networking, setup, etc. I chalk
that up to Windows being more stable.

Yesterday's agenda was a misconfigured router that couldn't connect to the
Internet, networking a printer, malware removal, and a firewall problem
prevening file sharing.

From: Dustin Cook on
sfdavidkaye2(a)yahoo.com (David Kaye) wrote in

> Dustin Cook <bughunter.dustin(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>ahhh....well, good then; glad the recession hasn't put you under or
>>anything.
>
> Nope, the recession hasn't hit me at all. In fact, a few months ago I
> raised my prices. I have found that my business has shifted from 95%
> malware removal to about 40% today. The rest is hardware, networking,
> setup, etc. I chalk that up to Windows being more stable.

Hmm... I don't know if it's more stable, or slightly? smarter users. :)