From: David Kaye on
"FromTheRafters" <erratic(a)nomail.afraid.org> wrote:

>> Nice try but magnetism does not attract dust.
>
>That depends on the dust.

Now you're bullshitting.

>Consider that a large percentage of dust comes from iron bearing
>asteroids (meteoroids).

Most household dust is discarded human skin cells.

From: FromTheRafters on

"Char Jackson" <none(a)none.invalid> wrote in message
> On Tue, 11 May 2010 14:34:41 -0400, "FromTheRafters"
> <erratic(a)nomail.afraid.org> wrote:
>
>>"David Kaye" <sfdavidkaye2(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message

>>> Nice try but magnetism does not attract dust.
>>
>>That depends on the dust.
>>
>>Consider that a large percentage of dust comes from iron bearing
>>asteroids (meteoroids).
>
> Cite?

"The daily influx of meteorites and meteor dust is well known to
scientists, but the total volume of mass daily added to Earth's surface
is difficult to estimate and is not well documented. Estimates of total
volume published by NASA vary widely (or wildly?) just for dust alone,
ranging from as little as 1,000 tons/day (300,000 metric tons/yr, Dubin
and McCracken, 1962) to 55,000 tons/day (20,000,000 tons/yr, Fiocco and
Colombo, 1964). However, a more recent estimate puts the accreting dust
volume at approximately 78,000 tons/yr, or 214 tons/day."

http://www.expanding-earth.org/page_10.htm

> The sources I've seen all seem to agree that common household dust is
> mostly comprised of dead skin cells, dust mites and their dried feces,
> and bits of fiber from fabrics. No mention of iron bearing asteroids.

Funny they would overlook that - anyway, I *did* say it depends on the
dust.

From: FromTheRafters on

> "FromTheRafters" <erratic(a)nomail.afraid.org> wrote:
>
>>> Nice try but magnetism does not attract dust.
>>
>>That depends on the dust.
>
> Now you're bullshitting.
>
>>Consider that a large percentage of dust comes from iron bearing
>>asteroids (meteoroids).
>
> Most household dust is discarded human skin cells.

So, it is "most household dust" now, and not just "dust"?

Okay, we agree "magnetism does not attract most household dust".

Industrial environments would be another matter. Satellite equipment
engineers might not need to worry too much about skin cells
accumulating.

From: gufus on
Hi David,

11 May 10, David Kaye writes to gufus:

> Then you probably won't have a laptop with cheaply made fan
> blades that bend under a gust of compressed air -- which was
> my point.

Ahhhh... well just be careful when air cleaning. Put a tooth pick in the fan
grill to hold the fan before air cleaning.

--
K Klement

Enhance your marketing at http://www.gypsy-designs.com
mailto:info(a)gypsy-designs.com
Gypsy Designs Fax: (403) 242-3221

.... If you really need an officer in a hurry, take a nap.
From: gufus on
Hi Leythos,

10 May 10, Leythos writes to All:

> From: spam999free(a)rrohio.com
> My Toshiba and other cheap < $400 laptops don't have weak
> fan blades.

I wouldn't know, my A30 has been a /good/ unit.
--
K Klement

Enhance your marketing at http://www.gypsy-designs.com
mailto:info(a)gypsy-designs.com
Gypsy Designs Fax: (403) 242-3221

.... Every solution breeds new problems.