From: David H. Lipman on
From: "ASCII" <me2(a)privacy.net>

| David H. Lipman wrote:

>>The worst are NOT home computers for families with kids. Families with pets.
>>Especially
>>cats. Shedding hair is drawn into the system.

| Awhile back I came across what seemed a good deal on a Sony multi-disk CD
| player in a thrift shop for around eight dollars, problem was that it would
| start to play then go into a stuttering hang up. After opening it to have a
| look see I found a cat hair (longhair white Persian) that had gotten caught in
| the gear lube and wrapped around the laser head restricting its travel.
| Removed it and did a thorough inspection to remove any others as well as
| vacuum it out and it still works to this day.

Yes, quite common.

--
Dave

From: Dustin Cook on
sfdavidkaye2(a)yahoo.com (David Kaye) wrote in news:hsfilf$u1i$1
@news.eternal-september.org:

> Dustin Cook <bughunter.dustin(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>hmm... Well, I hope you carry good liability insurance in the event your
>>sued for damaging someones equipment. God forbid you cause data loss
>>doing something stupid.
>
> I have a good errors and omissions policy. I've never had to use it.

That uhh, policy doesn't mean a "hill of beans". You do have liability
insurance don't you?

--
"Hrrngh! Someday I'm going to hurl this...er...roll this...hrrngh.. nudge
this boulder right down a cliff." - Goblin Warrior

From: Dustin Cook on

> "David H. Lipman" <DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> wrote:
>
>>The worst are NOT home computers for families with kids. Families
>>with pets.
>> Especially
>>cats. Shedding hair is drawn into the system.
>
> Those must be the clients I avoid. I turn down clients I don't want
> to deal with or who question my rate. I seldom deal with clients with
> pets of any consequence.

You don't deal with people who question your rate? Your slightly concerning
man. I hope your not one of those wannabe techs who I have to clean up
after...

From: David Kaye on
Dustin Cook <bughunter.dustin(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>Uhh, No. Not if you use the hospital grade stuff; 91% pure alcohol.

Most people are not going to use 91+ iso. They're going to use the cheap
stuff from Safeway.

>Good
>for optics and electronics; as it leaves no residue and doesn't "corrode"
>components. Your facts are very much in error, sir. :)

I NEVER said anything about "corroding" anything. Why do you continue to
quote me as saying things I've never said?

From: David Kaye on
Dustin Cook <bughunter.dustin(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>That uhh, policy doesn't mean a "hill of beans". You do have liability
>insurance don't you?

It's part of my umbrella policy. Okay, you're asking all the questions: What
kind of insurance do YOU have and what are the premiums on it? What is the
limit? Tell us.