First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105
PureFTPd - great FTP server
No affiliation etc, but I was looking for a decent FTP server with a few more feature's than the OS X native one (i.e. don't need a local user created, better control over access permissions,etc) and tried out PureFTPd. GUI front end to Unix server, all bundled in one installer. Very easy to use, does what it say... 12 Feb 2010 12:20
iMac 4GB RAM limit
The limits for RAM in iMacs look rather pitiful. <http://guides.macrumors.com/Understanding_Intel_Mac_RAM> Mine - Core2Duo (Merom w/ Santa Rosa chipset) - will take only 4GB; I'm on 3GB already, and find that my machine often grinds to a halt when lots of things are using lots of memory. Why do these Intel ... 12 Feb 2010 20:15
Google Translate
Anyone know why a 'Google Translate' widget added to a website would work in Chrome (Web kit) but not Safari (also Web kit), or Camino (Mozilla)? -- Cheers, Steve The reply-to email address is a spam trap. Email steve 'at' shodgson 'dot' org 'dot' uk ... 12 Feb 2010 19:08
I can't be happy
at the thought of people missing out on vital medical treatment just so the human population of the planet can be increased. Just seems silly, that to pay for IVF, essential medical care is unavailable to those who need it. Rowland. -- Remove the animal for email address: rowland.mcdonnell(a)dog.physics.org ... 17 Feb 2010 00:34
USB to 9pinD serial adapters?
I've just got back into scuba diving (thanks to a short holiday bobbing up and down in the red sea), and need to get my dive computer connected to slurp out my dives. It's a Suunto Vyper, and it's got an old 9 pin D shell serial connector. Nasty. I can buy a proper USB lead from the manufacturer, for a mere 65qui... 21 Feb 2010 07:05
mail server
I wish to set up my new mac using the native mail program to collect mail from my own IMAP server. My PC email client, the very excellent but perhaps not widely known Turnpike, allows itself to be used as an IMAP (or POP) server. However I've no clue how to do this. In particular, I don't know what to enter i... 10 Feb 2010 12:16
Glass replacment: new 21.5" aluminium cased iMAC
On Tue, 9 Feb 2010 16:38:31 -0000, "Graham." <me(a)privacy.net> wrote: This is all I've found myself so far http://www.welovemacs.com/9229117.html About �112 including postage Does anyone think I could do better elsewhere That's still a bloody expensive piece of glass. -- Geoff Berrow (Put thecat out to e... 10 Feb 2010 03:25
Store is down
I see the Apple store is down (worldwide, from a random sample of NZ, US and UK stores). And it is early Tuesday in the US. Normal day on which Apple releases new Mac models... New MacBook Pros, perhaps? -- David Empson dempson(a)actrix.gen.nz ... 12 Feb 2010 18:00
iPhone/podcast problem
I'm getting an intermittent problem with some podcasts - specifically in this case, the Engadget podcast. Downloads and plays fine via iTunes but whenever I try and download it via my iPhone, it gets to the "processing..." bit at the end and then errors out with a "there was a problem downloading this podcast: del... 8 Feb 2010 06:42
iPhone developer
I have had the free apple developer connection for a long time, and then added the free iPhone developer account to it. As I haven't actually produced any iPhone apps that was enough, you can release mac software free. Anyway, with the iPad coming there are some bits of software I wouldn't mind doing, and you ca... 10 Feb 2010 17:58