First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108
Hackintosh vs real Mac - musings...
I'm getting to a point where I really need to reorganise my Macs. My needs have changed myself, and the MacBook isn't much of a benefit at the moment, and I'd prefer to change for a desktop machine, and let Emily have the MacBook - she would use it more. However, financially, things haven't worked out quite as I ... 2 Feb 2010 17:13
Meaning of "multitasking" on iPhone, iPad, etc
I don't own one of these iPhone generation devices, and living out here I've very rarely had a chance to try one, so I'm a bit baffled by how people are using the term "multitasking". In the usual IT lexicon "multitasking" has a very specific meaning when applied to operating systems, and although there are va... 2 Feb 2010 17:20
Address Book and LDAP
Our LDAP server holds more information than Address Book displays. Is there some way to get Address Book to show more than it currently does? Daniele ... 2 Feb 2010 17:11
Stephen Fry on the iPad
<http://www.stephenfry.com/2010/01/28/ipad-about/> Jim -- http://www.ursaMinorBeta.co.uk http://twitter.com/GreyAreaUK "Get over here. Now. Might be advisable to wear brown trousers and a shirt the colour of blood." Malcolm Tucker, "The Thick of It" ... 2 Feb 2010 17:20
iPad!
I've seen enough. I want one now. ... 3 Feb 2010 12:53
Apple's new baby is...
.... the Stablet, a small handheld computer with a high resolution touch screen and multiple fold-out blades for fighting at close quarters! I never expected that, but that's really cool. Can wait to get my hands on one. Daniele ... 27 Jan 2010 13:47
T-Mobile/Chitter Chatter iPhone deal
Hi all Just called T-Mobile to get my PAC code in order to leave and get an iPhone. They offered me phone via ChitterChatter. Tarrifs are similar cost to 02, but still with paid voicemail and 0800. Any problem with phone you go to ChitterChatter rather than T-Mobile. Anyone using this option? -- bell... 12 Feb 2010 21:21
Importing ClarisWorks 5 spreadsheets
Does anyone who uses iWork know if you can directly open or import Claris Works 5 spreadsheets in Numbers without loss of cell formatting, calcuations etc? I really need to get my (very simple) tax spreadsheets into an OSX program, it's stupid firing up Classic once a year just for these - but want to avoid any mes... 27 Jan 2010 18:20
Why isn't the iSlate destined to be a failure?
If we're all going to argue, let's at least argue about something vaguely on-topic, eh? So, the iPad/iSlate/iWhatever... Apple are not the first to release a tablet form-factor computer. But by and large, the others have not found a significant market. What is different about Apple building one, and why are... 2 Feb 2010 17:16
iPhone. Copilot live, short term, long distance review
We recently had a holiday travelling across the bottom right states by car, from florida to texas and round in a shallow oval. 3 Weeks, 4500 miles. Before I went when I was getting the car, the hire company wanted �100 for a GPS for the car for 3 weeks, and you know it is going to be the cheapest one going, whic... 2 Feb 2010 17:14