From: Bill in Co on
Daave wrote:
> Many people (myself included) prefer when posters post inline and also
> snip appropriately.
>
> Just because many people prefer that method, however, doesn't mean that
> anybody is supposed to do anything, though.

That's right! Sometimes it seems more appropriate to top post; sometimes
bottom post; and sometimes to inline post.

There really is no "supposed to". (caveat: yes, I am well aware of some of
the so-called "guidelines" originally written by some people - but that's
all it is, and it should be taken with a grain of salt).

From: Daave on
antioch wrote:
> Daave wrote:

>> In this particular sub-thread, everybody is top-posting, so we might
>> as well top-post, too (that is, in this sub-thread). "When in
>> Rome..."
>
> Not everybody is top-posting - some.

Actually, look at my post again. In the particular *sub-thread* I had
replied to (*at that moment*), everyone else was indeed top-posting. So,
I top-posted, too. Had I bottom-posted without snipping anything, it
would have been awkward.

Now it is logical to bottom-post. :-)

From: Steve Cochran on

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABearMVP(a)gmail.com> wrote in message news:OdptvkpILHA.4920(a)TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> But do check to see what your via NNTP posts look like (formatting) in the
> forum itself from time to time, please. You may be very surprised at what
> you see.

Well, I haven't seen any formatting issues. Sometimes the subject hasn't matched the message text.

> And please remember to poll the forums for the most recent posts before you
> start replying via NNTP Bridge. I'm seeing way too many posts being made
> that clearly show the sender's not read all of the replies to the thread
> yet.

I just try and answer when someone asks.

steve

From: Steve Cochran on

"~*Laughingstar*~" <tiredofthis(a)nospam.att.com> wrote in message news:%230f6kqpILHA.5432(a)TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> top-post: aren't we supposed to post below the comment we're responding
> to??

No, its best to show the reply to the right of the original text.

steve

From: Bill in Co on
LOL. Now THAT is cute! :-)