From: ~*Laughingstar*~ on
Nil wrote:
>> On 13 Jul 2010, "~*Laughingstar*~" <tiredofthis(a)nospam.att.com>
>> wrote in microsoft.public.windowsxp.general:
>>
>>> I'm perplexed - they don't come up on mine computer. Wonder if I
>>> have all the settings in correctly - but have 10 showing.
>>
>> You need to read the instructions on their web site. You probably
>> aren't authenticating with your ID and password properly. You can
>> also scan through the e-t help groups, which you probably are able
>> to see - yours is a common complaint by people who are not set up
>> correctly.

RIGHT you were!!!

From: antioch on
"Peter Foldes" <maci252211(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Install the NNTP Bridge
>
> Please take a look at: http://communitybridge.codeplex.com for details and
> the current download.
>

> --
> Peter

> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>
> "Roger" <Monkey(a)Zoo.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message

I am afraid that I cannot get my head into gear re this bridge thing.
However, I have managed to get all the old newsgroups to which I previously
subscribed via my IP/ISP and it is nice to see some the more 'helpful' names
are still here.

Please stay with us and thank you.

Antioch

PS
Could somebody please take a look at my post re Event Viewer :-)
on 24 June.

From: Daave on
Many people (myself included) prefer when posters post inline and also
snip appropriately.

Just because many people prefer that method, however, doesn't mean that
anybody is supposed to do anything, though.

In this particular sub-thread, everybody is top-posting, so we might as
well top-post, too (that is, in this sub-thread). "When in Rome..."

More info:

http://www.usenet.com.au/about/25/26.html

From: Larry on

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eternal_September speaks to this
*eteranl* thread rather aptly.

-- Larry

From: antioch on
Daave

I agree - replies intertwined :-)

"Daave" <daave(a)example.com> wrote in message
> Many people (myself included) prefer when posters post inline and also
> snip appropriately.

I do when applicable

> Just because many people prefer that method, however, doesn't mean that
> anybody is supposed to do anything, though.

Personal choice then

> In this particular sub-thread, everybody is top-posting, so we might as
> well top-post, too (that is, in this sub-thread). "When in Rome..."

Not everybody is top-posting - some.
I blame PA Bear for encouraging top-posting - though I do seem to remember
he gave a very good reason for doing so :-) :-)