From: ~*Laughingstar*~ on
You're still one of my heros!!!

From: Bill in Co on
~*Laughingstar*~ wrote:
> Bill in Co wrote:
>>> I'm not convinced they are all leaving. Hopefully some of the most
>>> helpful ones will stick around on the real newgroups (via another
>>> nntp server), and not this newage, web page forum thing.
>>>

> that eternal.september thing (from a support NG standpoint) is ridiculous.
> No moderation, all advertising - at best!!!

Advertising? Really?
Haven't tried that one, and am in no hurry to either, LS. :-)

So far, the nntp newsgroup approach still seems better to me, but I admit
there seems to be a drop off in posts on some of the newsgroups now.

Haven't checked into the forums (and don't like the idea of having to
manually sign-in each time, if that is also required - OE handles any logins
automatically when using the normal nntp newgroups).

From: Dan on
"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> See http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/default.mspx
>
> IE General, OE General, OE6, Windows Update, Win98 General, & WLMessenger
> were some of the newsgroups dropped late last week. IE6 was dropped in
> early June.
>
> Roger wrote:
> > Can anyone inform me , from my return from holiday I find I have lost
> > newsgroups like windows outlook express, Hardware, and ie6 groups
>
> .

Sadly, posting in Windows 98 General newsgroup is very low now. It was a
fairly active newsgroup before it was removed from the Microsoft server.
From: ~*Laughingstar*~ on
PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:
>> You'll find most of us over in MS Answers forums:
>> http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/windowsxp
>>
>> Internet Explorer =>
>> http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/InternetExplorer/threads
>>
>> Outlook Express, etc. =>
>> http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/xpnetwork/threads
>>
>> Windows Update =>
>> http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vistawu/threads
>>
>> Hopefully your screenreader will get along with Answers forums, too,
>> LS.

When I copy/saved this post PA Bear, I noticed in the Word Microsoft Folder
I created, many of your other remedies, as well. Thanks so much. Can we
erect a black flag in here as we go 'out?'

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
~*Laughingstar*~ wrote:
<snip>
> I always have wonderful help from PA Bear, John, Vanguard, MVP, and
> database
> ben, et al. . . no complaints here!!!

[Robear] Don't forget Bruce in OE General newsgroup!

PS: Thanks for all your very kind words in this thread.
--
~Robear