From: ~*Laughingstar*~ on
Bruce Hagen wrote:
>> "Bill in Co" <surly_curmudgeon(a)earthlink.net> wrote in message

>>> Thanks for sending that picture to give me some idea, Bruce.
>>> From what I can see and tell, I'm just not impressed with the
>>> abandonment of the newsgroups, however. I just don't see how this
>>> is benefiting anyone, and that screenshot just further illustrates
>>> my point. I mean, just look at all the specific NNTP subgroups
>>> that don't appear or have a direct counterpart in the MS Answers
>>> Forums. Those "MS Answers Fforums" seem to be more broadly
>>> classified, with a bunch of stuff thrown into one category.
>>>

>> You got that all correct, and I don't like the change either. But,
>> when life deals you lemonade, MS turns it into lemons. I either
>> evolve, or go fishing more.
>> --
>> Bruce Hagen
>> MS-MVP [Mail]
>> Imperial Beach, CA

Now, as you' can see from what I'm told, my sig component in OE isn't
working right - and nothing's checked! Woe is me - just when I need'ja . . .
but agree with the lemonade solution, Bruce - no pun intended. Moi

From: Daave on
~*Laughingstar*~ wrote:
> Spamlet wrote:

>>> I'm reading all this in E-S and don't see any spam at all?

> Let me qualify what I mentioned previously/earlier hereon -- that was
> in their "support" groups; I've not been to their MS sections, yet.

Then unsubscribe from the E-S "support" groups (I don't subscribe to
them) and go to microsoft.public.windowsxp.general and the other MS
groups of your choice. No spam. :-)

From: Steve Cochran on
You have to sign on with a "Windows Live" ID (same as "passport" ID was), but that's all. Try using the HTTP interface and you will be overjoyed with the Bridge approach.

steve

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
But do check to see what your via NNTP posts look like (formatting) in the
forum itself from time to time, please. You may be very surprised at what
you see.

And please remember to poll the forums for the most recent posts before you
start replying via NNTP Bridge. I'm seeing way too many posts being made
that clearly show the sender's not read all of the replies to the thread
yet.

From: ~*Laughingstar*~ on
top-post: aren't we supposed to post below the comment we're responding
to??