From: ~*Laughingstar*~ on
Daave wrote:
>> ~*Laughingstar*~ wrote:

>>> Let me qualify what I mentioned previously/earlier hereon -- that
>>> was in their "support" groups; I've not been to their MS sections,
>>> yet.
>>
>> Then unsubscribe from the E-S "support" groups (I don't subscribe to
>> them) and go to microsoft.public.windowsxp.general and the other MS
>> groups of your choice. No spam. :-)

sorry, Dave, that isn't on the list of available 'groups' in E-S.

From: Bruce Hagen on

"~*Laughingstar*~" <tiredofthis(a)nospam.att.com> wrote in message
> Daave wrote:

>>> Then unsubscribe from the E-S "support" groups (I don't subscribe to
>>> them) and go to microsoft.public.windowsxp.general and the other MS
>>> groups of your choice. No spam. :-)
>
> sorry, Dave, that isn't on the list of available 'groups' in E-S.

Sure it is. I'm posting using it.

-------------------
From: "Bruce Hagen"
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general

Right click on news.eterrnal-september.org in the folder tree and then
Newsgroups. Click Reset List first and then search for: xp.gen
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP [Mail]

From: Daave on
Bruce Hagen wrote:
> "~*Laughingstar*~" <tiredofthis(a)nospam.att.com> wrote in message

>> sorry, Dave, that isn't on the list of available 'groups' in E-S.
>>

> Sure it is. I'm posting using it.

Ditto.

From: Nil on
On 13 Jul 2010, "~*Laughingstar*~" <tiredofthis(a)nospam.att.com>
wrote in microsoft.public.windowsxp.general:

> sorry, Dave, that isn't on the list of available 'groups' in E-S.

By my rough count, there are more than 1600 microsoft.public groups
offered by eternal-september, including this one (obviously.)
From: ~*Laughingstar*~ on
Bruce Hagen wrote:
>> "~*Laughingstar*~" <tiredofthis(a)nospam.att.com> wrote in message

>>> sorry, Dave, that isn't on the list of available 'groups' in E-S.
>>>

>> Sure it is. I'm posting using it.

>> From: "Bruce Hagen"
>> Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general

>> Right click on news.eterrnal-september.org in the folder tree and
>> then Newsgroups. Click Reset List first and then search for: xp.gen
>> --
>> Bruce Hagen
>> MS-MVP [Mail]
>> Imperial Beach, CA

Did that - only 10 in the list that comes up.