From: Bill in Co on
PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:
> --
> ~Robear

I took a look at the web based versions for support directly in IE (without
using the bridge), and wasn't impressed. just seems like too much eye
candy. I think the web page forum format gets in the way of simply - and
directly - handling the support messages, but maybe some like it. Perhaps
the newbies(?)

Just for kicks, I also looked at the replacement "Community Forums NNTP
Bridge Server", which is supposed to be an improvement over the regular MS
NNTP bridge, and noticed it requires .NET Framework 3.5!!! Egads!

But no matter what version of NNTP bridge you use (should you decide to go
that way), you apparently have to sign up for some arcane Microsoft service
(I can't recall the name now), which seems a bit of a nuisance too.

From: ~*Laughingstar*~ on
PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:
>> ~*Laughingstar*~ wrote:
>> <snip>
>>> I always have wonderful help from PA Bear, John, Vanguard, MVP, and
>>> database
>>> ben, et al. . . no complaints here!!!
>>
>> [Robear] Don't forget Bruce in OE General newsgroup!

;-)) Of course not.

> PS: Thanks for all your very kind words in this thread.

the most you' receive, is the least you deserve.

From: Roger on

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABearMVP(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> You'll find most of us over in MS Answers forums:
> http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/windowsxp
>
> Internet Explorer =>
> http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/InternetExplorer/threads
>
> Outlook Express, etc. =>
> http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/xpnetwork/threads
>
> Windows Update =>
> http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vistawu/threads
>
> Hopefully your screenreader will get along with Answers forums, too, LS.

[Snip] Can I add the above, to my OE window on left pane, as I did with
my MS NG's e g I have at moment listed msnews.microsoft.com only this
group heading left on it

Roger

From: ~*Laughingstar*~ on
Roger wrote:
>> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABearMVP(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> You'll find most of us over in MS Answers forums:
>>> http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/windowsxp
>>>
>>> Internet Explorer =>
>>> http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/InternetExplorer/threads
>>>
>>> Outlook Express, etc. =>
>>> http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/xpnetwork/threads
>>>
>>> Windows Update =>
>>> http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vistawu/threads
>>>
>>> Hopefully your screenreader will get along with Answers forums,
>>> too, LS.
>>>

>> [Snip] Can I add the above, to my OE window on left pane, as I
>> did with my MS NG's e g I have at moment listed
>> msnews.microsoft.com only this group heading left on it
>>
>> Roger

Good question, Roger. I'm hanging on like blind bat in a cave. :-(

From: Peter Foldes on
Install the NNTP Bridge

Please take a look at: http://communitybridge.codeplex.com for details and
the current download.