From: BigRedWingsFan on

"~*Laughingstar*~" <tiredofthis(a)nospam.att.com> wrote in message
> so much for believing I was doing so well! What will "we" do without our
> mentors???

Get real help perhaps.

From: ~*Laughingstar*~ on
Bill in Co wrote:
>> I'm not convinced they are all leaving. Hopefully some of the most
>> helpful ones will stick around on the real newgroups (via another
>> nntp server), and not this newage, web page forum thing.

that eternal.september thing (from a support NG standpoint) is ridiculous.
No moderation, all advertising - at best!!!

From: ~*Laughingstar*~ on
BigRedWingsFan wrote:
>> "~*Laughingstar*~" <tiredofthis(a)nospam.att.com> wrote in message
>>> so much for believing I was doing so well! What will "we" do
>>> without our mentors???
>>
>> Get real help perhaps.

I always have wonderful help from PA Bear, John, Vanguard, MVP, and database
ben, et al. . . no complaints here!!!

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
You'll find most of us over in MS Answers forums:
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/windowsxp

Internet Explorer =>
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/InternetExplorer/threads

Outlook Express, etc. =>
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/xpnetwork/threads

Windows Update =>
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vistawu/threads

Hopefully your screenreader will get along with Answers forums, too, LS.

From: ~*Laughingstar*~ on
PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:
>> See http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/default.mspx

Good Gravy, PA Bear, that is one confusing mess.
http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/categories
One will have to be totally out of options to try that thing. Has MS gone
nuts???

I guess they're trying to force users to Live and Google. grrrrrr