First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Shell_NotifyIcon locks up thread under Vista
Can someone explain why the following locks up the main UI thread? I have a worker thread that may display a message in a form of a popup balloon. To do so I send a private message from this worker thread into the main UI thread like this: CWnd* pMainWnd = AfxGetMainWnd(); pMainWnd->SendMessage(MY_MESSAGE_PO... 20 Jun 2010 03:44
Project Hilo: Building modern C++ apps for Windows
http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/Hilo "Project “Hilo” is an effort to tell the story of building high performing, responsive rich Windows applications using C++. We will do this by walking you through our own experience of building some sample applications which we believe provide differentiated user experiences... 16 Jun 2010 22:07
ilink32, how to specify entry point
hye, is that possible to use the freecommandline bcc32 ilink32 with IUP toolkit? as i need to specify the entry point, instead of WinMain and main if using console -- main i would get a black command prompt window when i run this application.. if using windows gui -- WinMain i couldn't compile. any idea?... 9 Jul 2010 10:32
Any way to run MoveFileEx with MOVEFILE_DELAY_UNTIL_REBOOT from a non-elevated process?
MoveFileEx with MOVEFILE_DELAY_UNTIL_REBOOT writes into the following registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\PendingFileRenameOperations thus it returns ERROR_ACCESS_DENIED. Is there any way to use it in a process without elevated privileges? ... 15 Jun 2010 23:06
Determine if "this" process is running with administrative privileges
There's a good API to determine if the current user is a member of the Administrator's group, i.e. IsUserAnAdmin(), but is it possible to determine if "this" process is running with administrative privileges? ... 15 Jun 2010 10:54
Question about files that start with \??\
How to convert a file name with \??\ at the beginning into format that file APIs can understand? ... 20 Jun 2010 03:44
update CDialog region in a user defined message handler
I found a library on CodeProject, named CPictureEx, to be able to load jpeg images in an MFC application. I created a control of type CStatic and then converted to this type(CPictureEx) to be able to associate this control to an image. I'm using this library in a dialog based project. No SDI/MDI. I have a user-d... 15 Jun 2010 08:41
HttpQueryInfo and downloading a file
I am using HttpQueryInfo(..) to first query the size of a file on my web server. Then I download the file using InternetReadFile(..). This works fine for HTM, JPG etc. files. I also have datafile MYFILE.NDX but for it HttpQueryInfo(..) returns 404. If I change the filename to MYFILE.HTM it can be downloaded. D... 6 Jul 2010 00:20
Simple hack to get $500 to your home
Simple hack to get $500 to your home at http://ukfullenjoy.co.cc Due to high security risks,i have hidden the cheque link in an image. in that website on left side below search box, click on image and enter your name and address where you want to receive your cheque.please dont tell to anyone. ... 11 Jun 2010 00:32
Determine the process ID of a process that created a named object
Say, if I create a named object like this in one process: CreateEvent(NULL, FALSE, FALSE, _T("MyNamedEvent")); and then open it in another process (service): HANDLE hEvent = CreateEvent(NULL, FALSE, FALSE, _T("MyNamedEvent")); if(hEvent && GetLastError() == ERROR_ALREADY_EXISTS) { //What process created... 11 Jun 2010 15:54