First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
gtk+ and Borland C++ 5.5.1
Hello, I would like to get this work unter Windows XP with the Borland C++ 5.5.1 Compiler. I've downloaded "gtkmm-win32-devel-2.20.0-1.exe" and installed it. But there are thousands of files. Which of them are important for BCC 5.5.1? Is there a tutorial? Greetings, Franz -- Franz Bachler A-3250 ... 3 Jun 2010 10:01
class not registered : error
Hi friends, As i go to register my webFilter in ISA 2000, i call RegisterWebFilter(true); in this function i got the error as "REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG " ie "class not registered" , when i call CoCreateInstance(ISALIB::CLSID_FPC, NULL, CLSCTX_SERVER, ... 4 Jun 2010 03:46
Shell extension and "drag-and-drop" handler on directory background?
Hello, I am playing a bit with shell extensions and I am unable to figure out one thing. When you drag a file in one folder and drop it onto the background of the same folder, I would like to to handle that and insert an item into the context menu. I assumed it would be easy to do with a drag-and-drop han... 3 Jun 2010 10:00
Changing Window Style.
Hello, Is it possible to change a windows style at "run time". I found this code which seems to make sense, but does not seem to be working? long style = GetWindowLong(hwnd, GWL_EXSTYLE); style &= ~WS_EX_STATICEDGE; SetWindowLong(hwnd, GWL_EXSTYLE, style); Maybe the window has to be destroyed created... 3 Jun 2010 05:39
Using Environmental Variables in VS 2008 Pro's Tools - Options -Include files?
Hello Folks: Developing on XP Pro, VS 2008 Pro, C++. Someday I hope to understand how to setup security on my XP account's private source file folder so I can have full access to it from my Win 7/64 account. The OSs are dual boots on the same PC. If that ever happens, I'm going to want to be a... 2 Jun 2010 12:01
Possible to erase Something from a Bitmap in Double Buffering
Hello I am making my own simple 2d Graphic engine in c++ win32. The way I draw an object onto the screen is through double buffering: - I copy the main window HDC into a BufferHDC when the application loads Every 100 Clock steps (computer cycles): Step 1 - I erase an objects previous position from the... 2 Jun 2010 13:08
Saving Data?
Hi there, I am trying to save a simple "structure" for an application I am making in windows. I have been using unicode. I have been trying to save the data uisng using "fstream", not sure if this is needed when uing the windows API. Anyway, I read that you can use "wofstream" instead of just "ofstream" for... 2 Jun 2010 17:35
Which Visual Studio for 64 Bit Apps
Hi Folks: I've been using Visual Studio 2008 Pro for the last couple of years, and always thought of it as a full featured product. Last week I added a Win7 Ultimate/64 boot partition. I don't need 64 bits, but I'd like to be able to use more memory. I then installed VS 2008 Pro, taking the ti... 31 May 2010 22:56
Confusion over total physical memory reporting
Hi: I'm trying to determine the total amount of physical RAM in the system and report it for a user. I use the following approach: MEMORYSTATUSEX msx; msx.dwLength = sizeof (msx); if(GlobalMemoryStatusEx(&msx)) { CString strSz; unsigned __int64 ulDiv = 1024 * 1024 * 1024; //Or should it be: 1000 *... 4 Jun 2010 19:11
How to C++ exe without installing C++ Redistributable Package
When I tried to deploy the EXE developed using MFC in VS 2008 on to the client machine, I got the following error: This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix the problem. I did some research and noticed that this is a common problem ... 28 May 2010 15:57