First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36
Files Open 'Read-Only' in WSS Sites
Hello, I am having a hard time pinning this down. I have excel files that will only open 'Read-only' from Sharepoint. When I make a change and save, it tries to save locally. I have Windows XP Pro and Office 2003 This is what I have done so far: 1. I AM using the 'Edit file in Microsoft Excel' option after I h... 20 Sep 2006 15:15
Site Collection Owner
Hi, I am trying to add a particular user as an owner of a site collection and I get this error...... "The user domain\user does not have an email address". When I look up for this user in the user profiles, the user has an email address and it looks fine. I am working with a SPS 2003 installation. And I do not... 23 Aug 2006 09:29
Error?Cannot run Windows SharePoint Services on this page:
anyone know what this error message means. It has started happening on every page that allows for an upload of a document. "Cannot run Windows SharePoint Services on this page:(pagename)" ... 31 Jul 2006 09:46
Document Library permissions
I have the same permissions problem on several sites with document library permissions and different users. Example: I have a site for our Sales department and a document library called Sales Orders. When I view the permissions for that DL, there is a user with View, insert, edit, delete items. This user is abl... 27 Jul 2006 17:31
UpdateListItems returns error 0x80020005
Hi, I am trying to update the properties of a document in a document library using "UpdateListItems " and all seems to work well except in one scenario. One of the documents properties is a field called "Primary_x0020_Category", which is a lookup utilizing another SP list. When the document property is ini... 8 Jul 2006 01:40
Sharepoint User authentication..
Hi, I have Microsoft SharePoint question that someone might have answer for. I have Windows Server 2003, SharePoint portal, Business Intelligence (BI) portal, and Analysis Service installed on same PC. I have one admin login (administrator) and other non-admin logins (user1, user2) created. In Analysis Serv... 11 Apr 2006 04:12
error in a site navigation webpart (Ch.Ugszrh.Webparts)
hello group, after install sharepoint to another server (with smigrate.exe) i found following error in a site navigation webpart (Ch.Ugszrh.Webparts), the webpart is installed correctly. ***ERROR*** Exception: System.Security.SecurityException: Request for the permission of type Microsoft.SharePoint.Security.... 16 Mar 2006 13:16
Where are files stored?
Hello Here's a simple one: Where does Sharepoint store the files you upload? Are they automatically stored on the same drive that SPS is eg services C;\ ? Any info would be appreicated. ~ Paul ... 23 Mar 2006 13:45
smigrate errors
I backed up the original companyweb using smigrate. I then deleted the companyweb on the new server using stsadm -o -deletesite and created a new one with no template using stsadm -o -createsite. I adjusted the quotas, and time out settings as I was instructed but during the restore I received a timeout error. u... 15 Mar 2006 02:20
Troubleshoot issues with Windows SharePoint Services.
Hello everyone, I have recently recovered from an earlier WSS disaster and have put some counter measures in action should I have to face another disaster. One of these counter measures is to have a mirrored WSS site on a different server. In the event WSS has problems on the main server, I can redirect everyo... 10 Mar 2006 12:20