From: -Nisko- on
Ok - and thanks - I get it now. Going to try Agent as a Newsreader.

From: -Nisko- on

> I can't. That was over a year ago. My ability to explain it would fall
> short of my ability
> to demonstrate it.

I think I now understand what I have to do with PE to find the root cause of
svchost using so much of my CPU. When I have the problem, I should open PE
and hover the cursor over the instance of svchost.exe that has the high
usage. Doing this opens a popup (light yellow) window that shows all the
Services tied to it. All I need to know now is how to see the CPU usage
associated with each Service - and I've found my culprit. Assuming that
Service is on Automatic, I can then set it to Manual or Disable depending on
whether I need it or not.

1. Can you instruct me on how to see the CPU usage for each Service?

2. Next to each Service is a short definition and it tells what happens if
you disable it. Is there another place I can go to get a better 'layman's'
description of each Service?

3. If I set a Service to Manual, and a needed Service tries to start, does
a window pop up asking the user if he wants to start it?

Thanks..........

From: David H. Lipman on
From: "Peter Seiler" <psprivate(a)mailinator.com>

>> That's OK....
>> That's all peter does understand !
>>
>> { Just kidding Peter }
>>
| David, THX for your friendly jump-in. See my reponse to Nisco. You
| yourself perhaps understand something of AV. But perhaps only a
| few/nothing(?) of other things? But I never run you down as you do.
|
| Have a nice week.

It was a joke Peter -- just a joke !

--
Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

From: thecreator on
Hi Nisko,

Not disable them change the Startup Type from Disabled to Manual or Automatic.

Like for example if you had SSDP Discovery Service Disabled at Startup, change it to Manual, first, then click Start while viewing Properties. and Task Manager opened.

--
thecreator

From: Peter Seiler on
David H. Lipman - 31.08.2006 00:57 :

> From: "Peter Seiler" <psprivate(a)mailinator.com>
>

>>> That's OK....
>>> That's all peter does understand !
>>>
>>> { Just kidding Peter }
>>>
> | David, THX for your friendly jump-in. See my reponse to Nisco. You
> | yourself perhaps understand something of AV. But perhaps only a
> | few/nothing(?) of other things? But I never run you down as you do.
> |
> | Have a nice week.
> |

> It was a joke Peter -- just a joke !

Dave, I'm not shure! Otherwise your remarks "That's all peter does
understand !" and "{ Just kidding Peter }" should have ";-)" or
somethingelse to make it clear.

BTW: Have a look at Kurt Wismers response of 30.08. to Nisko. It's
exactly what I meant but much better explained. THX to Kurt.

--

by(e) PS

spam will be killed
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last