From: Duane Arnold "Do forget about on
-Nisko- wrote:
> Hi and thanks. However, which is the site you are referring to?

By reading some of your replies, it seems you know how to use PE a
little bit.

Duane :)

From: Duane Arnold "Do forget about on
-Nisko- wrote:
> I'm using PE and have found that svchost.exe is only in my system32 folder.
> Also, all the processes associated with the out of control svchost are
> legitimate.

That may not be so as malware can be made to look legit. However, you
may be right too that everything is legit.

You can go to the svchost.exe in question and right-click it and go to
Properties and look from there. You can look at the information on the
Thread tab and see what processes within the SVchost.exe is sucking the
CPU within SVChost.exe. You can also look around on some other tabs as
well, like the Service tab and see what services the svchost.exe is
hosting. The service tab told another poster as to what service that
made svchost.exe spin out of control with high CPU usage.

Duane :)
From: optikl on
-Nisko- wrote:
> "optikl" <optikl(a)ioptikl.net> wrote in message
>> -Nisko- wrote:
>>> For the past week or so, one instance of svchost has been hogging 70% to
>>> 90% of my CPU. I have tried many ways to find the culprit to no avail.
>>> Once in a while, when I boot, it doesn't happen - but, most of the time,
>>> it does happen. The result is that my PC becomes extremely sluggish - so
>>> slow that it's unusable. I use McAfee anti-virus and a variety of
>>> spyware finders - and the Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal
>>> Tool. None of these has found anything unusual going on. All my
>>> signatures are up to date. Can anyone help me rid my PC of this issue?
>>> Thanks.......
>> Is this a laptop?
>
> Yes. Dell Latitude.

This is what I would do. It won't cost you a thing. Go to start\run.
Type in services.msc. Find the service called Automatic Updates. Change
the setting to disabled. Aplly setting. Now stop the service. Reboot the
computer and see if this fixes your problem. If it does, report back and
I'll explain what you need to do to update Windows for services patches,
etc.
From: -Nisko- on
Yes, I'm learning how to use it. Take a look at Security Task Manager
(Google it). You might find it does even more than PE. Let me know what
you think.

From: -Nisko- on

"Peter Seiler" <psprivate(a)mailinator.com> wrote in message
> -Nisko- - 29.08.2006 03:48 :
>
>> Thank you......
>>

> there is absolutely no need for always fullquoting (~75 fullquoting line
> snipped) only saying such short answers.
>
> Another misbehavior is your quoting of the part after the sig delimiter
> of your preposter (because of your topposting?).
>
> The same arguments to "the creator". Please learn a better usenet
> behavior. THX.
>
> THX in advance for your kind understanding.
>
> --
>
> by(e) PS
>
> spam will be killed

I'm trying - but I don't understand either of the misdemeanors you just
mentioned.

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Prev: Free AV from AOL