First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
Scalability question
I have a website (WebsiteA) ASP.NET (VB) and its webservice (WsAddNewTransaction) hosted on a shared server at www.serverintellect.com. SQL 2005 backend database there too. I have another website (WebsiteB) hosted there as well which I have been using to test the webservice buy consuming WsAddNewTransaction. ... 19 Sep 2010 18:37
Visual Web Developer 2010
I have a problem with Visual Web Developer 2010. I can edit a css file and the changes are ignored by the development server. I can ftp my changes to my host and they are picked up just as expected. I never had this problem with earlier version so Visual Web Developer. Has anyone else run into this behavior... 19 Sep 2010 18:37
Problem with my forms authentication
In my asp.net mvc application, I am using forms authentication with my custom membership provider. One a user enters the wrong user name / password, an error message is shown on the Login page. But, when a user enters the correct user name / password, no error message is displayed the Login page refreshes and ... 19 Sep 2010 18:37
Procedure timeout when executing from the ASP.NET application
Hello, I'm working with ASP.NET 3.5 and SQL Server 2008. I have a very weird problem. When I execute the procedure from my ASP.NET application (either from my PC or the Web server), it's timing out. At the same time when I execute the same procedure with the same parameters from the SQL Server Management Studi... 19 Sep 2010 18:37
setting a column value in code for an updatable ViewGrid
Is there a way to set the value for a column in code when a ViewGrid row is edited? I have a row-last-updated date that is a required audit field in all our systems (required by data management). I don't really want the user updating this field as it should always be system controlled. If I create an editabl... 19 Sep 2010 18:37
How to create a simple url to access an intranet
Hello Community A url consisting of a long computer name, a port number, the path and then the name of the web page is used to access an intranet. That is alot for a user to type into an address bar and the user won't really know what all of that text stands for. So the question is how can a s... 19 Sep 2010 18:37
AJAX postback problems
Hello, I have a GridView control with two template fields. The first template field has a linkbutton. The second has a panel control with an update panel inside it with another gridview inside of that. I have a PopupExtender in this template field as well and when the user clicks the link button in the first t... 19 Sep 2010 18:37
How to launch a Windows application from a ASP.Net web applica
Hello Cubaman From a web application you can call a Windows application. I have seen it done. When the Windows application gets executed a dialogue box appears that says File Download - Security Warning. Then the name of the file which is a batch file and its location. You have the option of Run, Save ... 6 Oct 2010 10:16
Energy Saving Tips
1. Reduce heater's room temperature For each extra degree (Celsius) of temperature, your heater will consume 7 to 11% more energy. Adjust it to 18degrees which is also better for your health. 2. Install a programmable thermostat You will be able to control the heater's temperature during specific hours every day... 19 Sep 2010 18:37
Shopping cart AspNetSqlProfileProvider
Hello, I am new to asp .net programming and have been using the book ASP.net 3.5 for dummies. I had the shopping cart on chapter 18 working it seems to use a class to store cart items using a profile but now I am getting an error. I show the error and the entry in web.config. Any ideas what has changed on my ... 19 Sep 2010 18:37