From: Ray Fischer on
Peter <peternew(a)nospamoptonline.net> wrote:
>"Ray Fischer" <rfischer(a)sonic.net> wrote in message
>> Peter <peternew(a)nospamoptonline.net> wrote:

>>>Please look up the meaning of the word: "controverted."
>>
>> You didn't answer the question.
>>
>>>Does the peer reviewed article really say Einstein was correct?
>>
>> Non sequitur.
>>
>>>And what does the period of time have to do with my point.
>>
>> You're not too quick, are you?

>>>Huh!
>>
>> Gesundheit.
>>
>>>I realize this is to complicated for you. Sorry.
>>
>> I can spot bullshitting like yours from a long way off. You don't
>> actually say anything at all because you really don't have any
>> response.
>
>I refuse to get into a pissing contest.

Too late.

> You obviously have not supported
>your argument.

You've obviously realized that you don't have the brains and so you're
going to declare victory and run away.

--
Ray Fischer
rfischer(a)sonic.net

From: Peter on
> Peter <peternew(a)nospamoptonline.net> wrote:
>>"sobriquet" <dohduhdah(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message

>>> You probably have never watched a philosophy of science course, or
>>> you'd
>>> realize that science can only provide a provisional conceptual
>>> framework
>>> to interpret and explain observations.
>>>
>>> http://www.teach12.com/ttcx/CourseDescLong2.aspx?cid=4100
>>
>>Absolutely wrong. Theoretical scientists quite often develop concepts that
>>are only later confirmed by observations. One recent example is Einstein's
>>theory of relativity.
>
> And another is Newton's theories on gravitation.

Newton's motion theory of gravitation has been controvertated. According to
Einstein what we call gravity is caused by a curvature in space. In turn,
Einstein's theory may very well be disproved by the theory of Quantum
Gravity.

http://www-scf.usc.edu/~kallos/gravity.htm

BTW if you really think this is too complicated, why do you make positive
statements, instead of asking?

--
Peter

From: Savageduck on
On 2010-04-08 16:09:40 -0700, RichA <rander3127(a)gmail.com> said:

> Wait for HP to release its version. No USB port Apple? Are you THAT
> paranoid about content control??

New Yorker's Least common complaints about the new iPad;
http://www.newyorker.com/talk/2010/04/26/100426ta_talk_kimball

MacWorld suggests adding;
It 's really just a small 27-inch iMac
No front facing food processor
Too much multi-tasking
No support for Internet Explorer 8
Remains waaay too cool after hours of intense usage.
Lousy at curing, or preventing acne.

--
Regards,

Savageduck

From: George Kerby on

On 4/21/10 5:53 PM, in article
2010042115533351501-savageduck1(a)REMOVESPAMmecom, "Savageduck"
<savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

> On 2010-04-08 16:09:40 -0700, RichA <rander3127(a)gmail.com> said:
>
>> Wait for HP to release its version. No USB port Apple? Are you THAT
>> paranoid about content control??
>
> Lousy at curing, or preventing acne.

Next model will have built-in UV. That also helps with the tanning, but the
battery life is another thing.

From: whisky-dave on

"Allen" <allent(a)austin.rr.com> wrote in message
> whisky-dave wrote:
>> "Alan LeHun" <try(a)reply.to> wrote in message
>>> In article <hqhk2p$qum$1(a)qmul>, whisky-dave(a)final.front.ear says...
>>>>

>>> There is plenty proof that the human brain can multi-task on two tasks.
>>> This is due in no small part to the fact that our brain is in fact a
>>> pair of brains.
>>
>> No, that's still time slicing.
>> One of the basic laws of physics is that two things can not occur at the
>> same instance in time.
>> One of the reasons you have a clock frequency in electronic devices is to
>> make sure everything
>> has it's own time slot and is 'clocked properly.
>>
>> In the human world magicians use this 'trick' as the human eye can not
>> see
>> everything at the same time i.e it can;t multitask, humans can't
>> multitask.
>> They just think they can because they aren't clever enough to realise
>> they can't.
>>

> You mean no one can ride a bicycle and chew gum at the same time?
> Allen

They can certainly think they can and attempt it like some do with mobile
phones
and driving, but when people walking into you because they are talking on
their
mobile and can;t walk and talk at the same time it makes me wonder whether
it is truly possible to chew gum and walk at the same time.
perhaps they chew then look where they are going and then chew again.
You know like some people look at the road while driving while others
can look at the dials/radio or anything else that takes their fancy.
Why do people crash in these situations if tehy can do two things at the
same time ?