From: Peter on
"Ray Fischer" <rfischer(a)sonic.net> wrote in message
> Peter <peternew(a)nospamoptonline.net> wrote:

>>> Not for several hundred years. Why do you think that Einstein is
>>> finally correct?
>>
>>Please look up the meaning of the word: "controverted."
>
> You didn't answer the question.
>
>>Does the peer reviewed article really say Einstein was correct?
>
> Non sequitur.
>
>>And what does the period of time have to do with my point.
>
> You're not too quick, are you?

>>> So laws of physics are really just human creations. They are not
>>> reality.
>>
>>Huh!
>
> Gesundheit.
>
>>I realize this is to complicated for you. Sorry.
>
> I can spot bullshitting like yours from a long way off. You don't
> actually say anything at all because you really don't have any
> response.

I refuse to get into a pissing contest. You obviously have not supported
your argument.

Bye

--
Peter

From: Robert Spanjaard on
On Thu, 22 Apr 2010 10:35:03 -0500, George Kerby wrote:

> You have my permission

Well, at least I got a good laugh out of that one.

--
Regards, Robert http://www.arumes.com
From: Ray Fischer on
John A. <john(a)nowhere.invalid> wrote:
> rfischer(a)sonic.net (Ray Fischer) wrote:
>>Peter <peternew(a)nospamoptonline.net> wrote:
>>>"sobriquet" <dohduhdah(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message

>>>Absolutely wrong. Theoretical scientists quite often develop concepts that
>>>are only later confirmed by observations. One recent example is Einstein's
>>>theory of relativity.
>>
>>And another is Newton's theories on gravitation.
>>
>>This is getting very philosophical, but there is indeed a vast
>>difference between "laws of physics" and reality. Our laws attempt to
>>describe reality and they often do so quite well, but they are not
>>reality and the universe has no obligation to obey.
>

>Ceci n'est pas une pipe.

In others words, yes.

And yes, I am familar with the reference. For those who are not it is
the caption of a well-known painting by Rene Magritte.

--
Ray Fischer
rfischer(a)sonic.net

From: whisky-dave on

> This is getting very philosophical, but there is indeed a vast
> difference between "laws of physics" and reality. Our laws attempt to
> describe reality and they often do so quite well, but they are not
> reality and the universe has no obligation to obey.

The universe is reality, how we see it depends on our instruments and
ability
to understand them and describe it.

From: Ray Fischer on
Peter <peternew(a)nospamoptonline.net> wrote:
>"Ray Fischer" <rfischer(a)sonic.net> wrote in message
>> Peter <peternew(a)nospamoptonline.net> wrote:
>>>"sobriquet" <dohduhdah(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message

>>>Absolutely wrong. Theoretical scientists quite often develop concepts that
>>>are only later confirmed by observations. One recent example is Einstein's
>>>theory of relativity.
>>
>> And another is Newton's theories on gravitation.
>
>Newton's motion theory of gravitation has been controvertated.

Not for several hundred years. Why do you think that Einstein is
finally correct?

> According to
>Einstein what we call gravity is caused by a curvature in space. In turn,
>Einstein's theory may very well be disproved by the theory of Quantum
>Gravity.

So laws of physics are really just human creations. They are not
reality.

Which takes us right back to the original claim.

--
Ray Fischer
rfischer(a)sonic.net