From: Ray Fischer on
David J. Littleboy <davidjl(a)gol.com> wrote:
>"Ray Fischer" <rfischer(a)sonic.net> wrote:
>> sobriquet <dohduhdah(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
>>>
>>>I've seen plenty of complaints from Apple users in consumer programs
>>>who were
>>>very upset that their Apple computer broke down after only a few years
>>>of operation and Apple refused to do anything for them because they
>>>neglected to pay for an overpriced 'Apple care' insurance.
>>
>> Name one computer maker that provides a warranty that last for several
>> years.
>
>Dell Japan. You get a repair person at your site the next business day for
>three years

Only three years? Tsk. And you had to go to Japan. Tsk.

--
Ray Fischer
rfischer(a)sonic.net

From: Savageduck on
On 2010-04-20 10:29:18 -0700, sobriquet <dohduhdah(a)yahoo.com> said:

> Laws of physics are a mere figment of our lively imagination. Reality
> is under no obligation to live up to our expectations, however
> entrenched.

Your lack of credibility has been fully confirmed.

This is a first for this NG, a failed product of the Dutch special
education system, with a graphic sense of entitlement, and an
overestimate of his abilities.

You have certainly dismissed reality from your World.

--
Regards,

Savageduck

From: sobriquet on
On 20 apr, 23:22, Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:
> On 2010-04-20 10:29:18 -0700, sobriquet <dohduh...(a)yahoo.com> said:
>

> > Laws of physics are a mere figment of our lively imagination. Reality
> > is under no obligation to live up to our expectations, however
> > entrenched.
>
> Your lack of credibility has been fully confirmed.
>
> This is a first for this NG, a failed product of the Dutch special
> education system, with a graphic sense of entitlement, and an
> overestimate of his abilities.
>
> You have certainly dismissed reality from your World.
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Savageduck

You probably have never watched a philosophy of science course, or
you'd
realize that science can only provide a provisional conceptual
framework
to interpret and explain observations.

http://www.teach12.com/ttcx/CourseDescLong2.aspx?cid=4100
From: George Kerby on

On 4/20/10 4:22 PM, in article
2010042014221719451-savageduck1(a)REMOVESPAMmecom, "Savageduck"
<savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

> On 2010-04-20 10:29:18 -0700, sobriquet <dohduhdah(a)yahoo.com> said:
>

>> Laws of physics are a mere figment of our lively imagination. Reality
>> is under no obligation to live up to our expectations, however
>> entrenched.
>
> Your lack of credibility has been fully confirmed.
>
> This is a first for this NG, a failed product of the Dutch special
> education system, with a graphic sense of entitlement, and an
> overestimate of his abilities.
>
> You have certainly dismissed reality from your World.

It's the Netherlands:

1. No real drinking age limit, even though 16 is considered official.

2. Dope smoking widely accepted.

3. Opiate dependency rampant.

No wonder the guy is a walking talking billboard for Attention Deficient
Syndrome. And proud of it.

From: Peter on
"sobriquet" <dohduhdah(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
> On 20 apr, 23:22, Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:
>> On 2010-04-20 10:29:18 -0700, sobriquet <dohduh...(a)yahoo.com> said:
>>

>> > Laws of physics are a mere figment of our lively imagination. Reality
>> > is under no obligation to live up to our expectations, however
>> > entrenched.
>>
>> Your lack of credibility has been fully confirmed.
>>
>> This is a first for this NG, a failed product of the Dutch special
>> education system, with a graphic sense of entitlement, and an
>> overestimate of his abilities.
>>
>> You have certainly dismissed reality from your World.
>>
>> --
>> Regards,
>>
>> Savageduck
>
> You probably have never watched a philosophy of science course, or
> you'd
> realize that science can only provide a provisional conceptual
> framework
> to interpret and explain observations.
>
> http://www.teach12.com/ttcx/CourseDescLong2.aspx?cid=4100

Absolutely wrong. Theoretical scientists quite often develop concepts that
are only later confirmed by observations. One recent example is Einstein's
theory of relativity.

Just one example:
http://www.jstor.org/pss/83305

--