From: Ray Fischer on
George Kerby <ghost_topper(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
> "Ray Fischer" <rfischer(a)sonic.net> wrote:
>> sobriquet <dohduhdah(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Avoid Apple like the plague.
>>
>> Avoid irrational bigots.
>>
>>> Those poor iPhone users are still waiting for multitasking to be
>>
>> And there is an example of how the irrational bigot "thinks": latch
>> onto one aspect that you don't understand and then use it to justify
>> your bigotry.
>
>Somehow, I'm beginning to like you. God help me...

Now I feel dirty.

--
Ray Fischer
rfischer(a)sonic.net

From: Ray Fischer on
sobriquet <dohduhdah(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
>On 19 apr, 01:06, rfisc...(a)sonic.net (Ray Fischer) wrote:
>> sobriquet �<dohduh...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:

>> >Well, that's the kind of multitasking I've been enjoying for a long
>> >time on my HTC..
>>
>> And how many 3rd party apps does it run?
>
>http://thepiratebay.org/search/windows%20mobile/0/99/0

Smirk.

>> >Multitasking is multitasking..
>>
>> Stop. �Do not make any more claims about computers. �You don't know
>> the subject and you're just making a fool of yourself.
>
>I used to study computer science.

And there's a great deal that you've forgotten and more that you never
learned.

>> >. on the PC
>>
>> It's not a PC.
>
>A pocket PC is still a PC.

Guess again.

--
Ray Fischer
rfischer(a)sonic.net

From: David J. Littleboy on

"Ray Fischer" <rfischer(a)sonic.net> wrote:
> sobriquet <dohduhdah(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>>I've seen plenty of complaints from Apple users in consumer programs
>>who were
>>very upset that their Apple computer broke down after only a few years
>>of operation and Apple refused to do anything for them because they
>>neglected to pay for an overpriced 'Apple care' insurance.
>
> Name one computer maker that provides a warranty that last for several
> years.

Dell Japan. You get a repair person at your site the next business day for
three years (or five years for an extra US$130) with the laptops I've been
looking at. And they really do get you someone here; I had a power supply on
a Dell desktop die on me, and they fixed it the next day. (Desktop support
may be one year extendable to three. But you can extend it (for a price)
just before it expires.)

--
David J. Littleboy
Tokyo, Japan

From: J. Clarke on
On 4/18/2010 11:48 PM, nospam wrote:

<mac advocacy bullshit snipped>

A long time ago I used "nospam(a)nospam.invalid" and realized that it was
a stupid thing to do because so many other people have the same idea.

Come up with a better munge.

Oh, and don't bother to respond on this thread--I've just added all
posts containing "ipod", "ipad", "iphone", "itunes", "macs", or "osx" to
the killfile.

From: whisky-dave on

"sobriquet" <dohduhdah(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
> On 18 apr, 22:44, nospam <nos...(a)nospam.invalid> wrote:
>> In article
>> <d21a81f2-1e92-456a-bb4e-7f12f33a1...(a)z7g2000yqb.googlegroups.com>,

>> > Because you can enjoy music and audiobooks simultaneously.
>>
>> maybe you can but most people can't or simply don't want to.
>
> Or maybe they didn't realize they could and they didn't realize that
> it
> is extremely enjoyable.

Or perhaps they just find it really annoying I do.
I even hate it when films go over board with the misic to an extent that you
can;t
hear the dialogue, I don;t call that enjoyable even when it's meant to
happen.

> The pleasure derived from listening
> to good music adds up to the pleasure derived from listening
> to a fascinating audiobook.

If I'm listening to a facsinating audio book then why would I want to listen
to music ?

There's little proof that the human brain can mulititask, what is does is
ignore whatever other inmut is present, it's more time slicing than
multitasking.

> Sometimes I worry that I might die of a pleasure overdose, but
> pleasure is one of those rare things that you can't have too much of.

The simpler the mind the more easy that becomes.