From: sobriquet on
On 21 apr, 00:47, George Kerby <ghost_top...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
> On 4/20/10 4:22 PM, in article
> 2010042014221719451-savageduck1(a)REMOVESPAMmecom, "Savageduck"
>
> <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:
> > On 2010-04-20 10:29:18 -0700, sobriquet <dohduh...(a)yahoo.com> said:
>
> >> Laws of physics are a mere figment of our lively imagination. Reality
> >> is under no obligation to live up to our expectations, however
> >> entrenched.
>
> > Your lack of credibility has been fully confirmed.
>
> > This is a first for this NG, a failed product of the Dutch special
> > education system, with a graphic sense of entitlement, and an
> > overestimate of his abilities.
>
> > You have certainly dismissed reality from your World.
>
> It's the Netherlands:
>
> 1. No real drinking age limit, even though 16 is considered official.
>
> 2. Dope smoking widely accepted.
>
> 3. Opiate dependency rampant.
>
> No wonder the guy is a walking talking billboard for Attention Deficient
> Syndrome. And proud of it.

You might want to check your facts:
http://www.drugwarfacts.org/cms/

Even Obama has called the war on drugs a failure, but I guess you are
proud to have the highest proportion of the population behind bars of
all the industrialized countries.

http://proxychi.baremetal.com/november.org/Prohibition/artwork/Prohibition.jpg

Politicians who talk tough on drugs, support organized crime.

From: sobriquet on
On 21 apr, 01:26, "Peter" <peter...(a)nospamoptonline.net> wrote:
> "sobriquet" <dohduh...(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message

> >> Your lack of credibility has been fully confirmed.
>
> >> This is a first for this NG, a failed product of the Dutch special
> >> education system, with a graphic sense of entitlement, and an
> >> overestimate of his abilities.
>
> >> You have certainly dismissed reality from your World.
>
> >> --
> >> Regards,
>
> >> Savageduck
>
> > You probably have never watched a philosophy of science course, or
> > you'd
> > realize that science can only provide a provisional conceptual
> > framework
> > to interpret and explain observations.
>
> >http://www.teach12.com/ttcx/CourseDescLong2.aspx?cid=4100
>
> Absolutely wrong. Theoretical scientists quite often develop concepts that
> are only later confirmed by observations. One recent example is Einstein's
> theory of relativity.
>
> Just one example:http://www.jstor.org/pss/83305
>
> --
> Peter

You're the one who has it absolutely wrong. Scientific theories can
never be proven, they can only be falsified by discovering an
observation that contradicts the theory.
Just because you're able to confirm observations that were predicted
by the theory, that doesn't prove the theory, it just increases our
confidence in it as a suitable provisional conceptual framework, but
it doesn't rule out the possibility that the theory is incomplete or
plain wrong.
From: Peter on
"sobriquet" <dohduhdah(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
> On 21 apr, 01:26, "Peter" <peter...(a)nospamoptonline.net> wrote:
>> "sobriquet" <dohduh...(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message

>> > You probably have never watched a philosophy of science course, or
>> > you'd
>> > realize that science can only provide a provisional conceptual
>> > framework
>> > to interpret and explain observations.
>>
>> >http://www.teach12.com/ttcx/CourseDescLong2.aspx?cid=4100
>>
>> Absolutely wrong. Theoretical scientists quite often develop concepts
>> that
>> are only later confirmed by observations. One recent example is
>> Einstein's
>> theory of relativity.
>>
>> Just one example:http://www.jstor.org/pss/83305
>>
>> --
>> Peter
>
> You're the one who has it absolutely wrong. Scientific theories can
> never be proven, they can only be falsified by discovering an
> observation that contradicts the theory.
> Just because you're able to confirm observations that were predicted
> by the theory, that doesn't prove the theory, it just increases our
> confidence in it as a suitable provisional conceptual framework, but
> it doesn't rule out the possibility that the theory is incomplete or
> plain wrong.

My new theory is that you either lack the ability to learn, or are a troll.
Since you have learned to type some form of English, I will not further
contribute to your food supply.

--
Peter

From: sobriquet on
On 21 apr, 01:52, "Peter" <peter...(a)nospamoptonline.net> wrote:
> "sobriquet" <dohduh...(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message

> > On 21 apr, 01:26, "Peter" <peter...(a)nospamoptonline.net> wrote:
> >> "sobriquet" <dohduh...(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message

> >> Absolutely wrong. Theoretical scientists quite often develop concepts
> >> that
> >> are only later confirmed by observations. One recent example is
> >> Einstein's
> >> theory of relativity.
>
> >> Just one example:http://www.jstor.org/pss/83305
>
> >> --
> >> Peter
>
> > You're the one who has it absolutely wrong. Scientific theories can
> > never be proven, they can only be falsified by discovering an
> > observation that contradicts the theory.
> > Just because you're able to confirm observations that were predicted
> > by the theory, that doesn't prove the theory, it just increases our
> > confidence in it as a suitable provisional conceptual framework, but
> > it doesn't rule out the possibility that the theory is incomplete or
> > plain wrong.
>
> My new theory is that you either lack the ability to learn, or are a troll.
> Since you have learned to type some form of English, I will not further
> contribute to your food supply.
>
> --
> Peter

You might want to study the work of Karl Popper before spouting any
more nonsense.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_Popper
From: George Kerby on

On 4/20/10 6:28 PM, in article
232c7de2-2faf-4f7a-a215-d11be8f422bc(a)h27g2000yqm.googlegroups.com,
"sobriquet" <dohduhdah(a)yahoo.com> wrote:

> On 21 apr, 00:47, George Kerby <ghost_top...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
>> On 4/20/10 4:22 PM, in article
>> 2010042014221719451-savageduck1(a)REMOVESPAMmecom, "Savageduck"
>>
>> <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

>>> Your lack of credibility has been fully confirmed.
>>
>>> This is a first for this NG, a failed product of the Dutch special
>>> education system, with a graphic sense of entitlement, and an
>>> overestimate of his abilities.
>>
>>> You have certainly dismissed reality from your World.
>>
>> It's the Netherlands:
>>
>> 1. No real drinking age limit, even though 16 is considered official.
>>
>> 2. Dope smoking widely accepted.
>>
>> 3. Opiate dependency rampant.
>>
>> No wonder the guy is a walking talking billboard for Attention Deficient
>> Syndrome. And proud of it.
>

> You might want to check your facts:
> http://www.drugwarfacts.org/cms/

Wonderful. A druggie leftist excuse forum.

> Even Obama has called the war on drugs a failure, but I guess you are
> proud to have the highest proportion of the population behind bars of
> all the industrialized countries.

Obama is the ultimate failure. Pot, meet Kettle. Too bad yours isn't up to
speed. Rather, the potheads and Muslim radicals are in control...

> http://proxychi.baremetal.com/november.org/Prohibition/artwork/Prohibition.jpg
>
> Politicians who talk tough on drugs, support organized crime.

Especially those from Chicago.