From: George Kerby on

On 4/18/10 11:29 PM, in article 4bcbdc12$0$1646$742ec2ed(a)news.sonic.net,
"Ray Fischer" <rfischer(a)sonic.net> wrote:

> George Kerby <ghost_topper(a)hotmail.com> wrote:

>>> Avoid irrational bigots.

>>> And there is an example of how the irrational bigot "thinks": latch
>>> onto one aspect that you don't understand and then use it to justify
>>> your bigotry.
>>
>> Somehow, I'm beginning to like you. God help me...
>
> Now I feel dirty.

Put that down!

From: Savageduck on
On 2010-04-19 07:28:24 -0700, George Kerby <ghost_topper(a)hotmail.com> said:

> On 4/18/10 8:20 PM, in article
> 2010041818204628635-savageduck1(a)REMOVESPAMmecom, "Savageduck"
> <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

>>> http://thepiratebay.org/search/windows%20mobile/0/99/0

>>> I used to study computer science.
>>
>> Until somebody dangled a bright shiny thing in front of you.
>>
> Thanks. I just spewed coffee on my keyboard!

Sorry!
Here is a cyber-wipe.

--
Regards,

Savageduck

From: George Kerby on

On 4/19/10 2:44 AM, in article jd2os51an084d2qghassbob5iisvnfg9ba(a)4ax.com,
"John A." <john(a)nowhere.invalid> wrote:

> On 19 Apr 2010 04:21:19 GMT, rfischer(a)sonic.net (Ray Fischer) wrote:
>
>> John A. <john(a)nowhere.invalid> wrote:
>>> nospam <nospam(a)nospam.invalid>

>>> And if you have true multitasking you can set a complex filter working
>>> on your image in the background while you switch over to checking
>>> email while you wait for it to finish.
>>
>> On a PHONE?!?
>
> The thread's about the iPad, right?

At one time long ago. On a planet far far away...

From: Alan LeHun on
In article <hqk6rs$mm$1(a)qmul>, whisky-dave(a)final.front.ear says...
> No, that's still time slicing.
> One of the basic laws of physics is that two things can not occur at the
> same instance in time.

In the same place. And even then, only for baryonic matter.

> One of the reasons you have a clock frequency in electronic devices is to
> make sure everything
> has it's own time slot and is 'clocked properly.

This has no relevance whatsoever to the human brain which does true
multitasking for a whole multitude of subconscious tasks. You don't have
to stop thinking so you can blink.

On the conscious level, the brain can multitask up to two tasks as both
hemispheres are independent and capable of independent thought. That is
not to say that it can do it well (as each hemisphere constantly
interrupts the other), or that all people can do it to the same
competence, only that it can and does.

--
Alan LeHun
From: Allen on
whisky-dave wrote:
> "Alan LeHun" <try(a)reply.to> wrote in message
>> In article <hqhk2p$qum$1(a)qmul>, whisky-dave(a)final.front.ear says...
>>> There's little proof that the human brain can mulititask, what is does is
>>> ignore whatever other inmut is present, it's more time slicing than
>>> multitasking.
>>>

>> There is plenty proof that the human brain can multi-task on two tasks.
>> This is due in no small part to the fact that our brain is in fact a
>> pair of brains.
>
> No, that's still time slicing.
> One of the basic laws of physics is that two things can not occur at the
> same instance in time.
> One of the reasons you have a clock frequency in electronic devices is to
> make sure everything
> has it's own time slot and is 'clocked properly.
>
> In the human world magicians use this 'trick' as the human eye can not see
> everything at the same time i.e it can;t multitask, humans can't multitask.
> They just think they can because they aren't clever enough to realise they
> can't.

You mean no one can ride a bicycle and chew gum at the same time?
Allen