First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
Recording 1/2 speed, playing back an octave higher and 2x as fast
To date myself, I was last doing multi tracking on an old Teac 4 channel with simulsynch. One of the things I did was record piano music as an example, the left with my bass and my right with a guitar. Then, since guitars and bass sound an octove lower than what is written, and because it makes it much easie... 22 Nov 2009 08:15
Ping Sue: Macrium (and Acronis) update
OK, I tried Macrium with Win 7 RTM. Still won't write to external on my x64 system. Tried it on my laptop running Win 7 RC x32--it ran, but it took a long time. Restore from a Macrium image yielded the same errors in the Windows logs. So I caved and bought Acronis TI 2010, mostly because I needed something now ... 19 Nov 2009 23:04
Melodyne Editor
for those of you that got the plugin some months ago the free upgrade to the editor version is now available. You should have gotten an email. Upgrading was painless. It does ask you to uninstall the old plug first as it is now discontinued. www.celemony.com ... 20 Nov 2009 17:56
Reaper 3.141 is out
I can't believe how buggy Reaper is! Every few dayz there's ANOTHER update to fix even MORE bugs! <GGG> Glennbo wrote: v3.141 - November 16 2009 + Action: toggle selected tracks between touch and trim/read modes (for non-motorized control surfaces) + Anticipative FX is no longer by default disabled dur... 17 Nov 2009 18:33
Some freer Win7 proggies
I grabbed a couple of 'em. <http://blogs.zdnet.com/hardware/?p=6115&tag=col1;post-6115> ... 18 Nov 2009 15:43
KVR Developer Challenge '09 - Free Plugs
http://www.kvraudio.com/developer_challenge_2009.php Several pretty cool new plugs there. Tape Dynamics FerricTDS looks really nice. Listened to many demos but have not installed any yet. Couple of nice looking EQ's there. A simple 4op FM synth, couple of reverbs, quite a mix. TB ... 12 Nov 2009 12:50
String Retainer Bar Instead Of String Tree
Ben Goldman wrote: I've got a Telecaster neck for a guitar I'm building. Would a string retainer bar be a suitable alternative to string trees? Sure. It will also give you a more consistent breaking angle over the nut. eric ... 10 Nov 2009 15:11
Todd Rundgren
Well yesterday I said I would do a seperate post on Todd Rundgren because he deserves one like my Thomas Dolby post. Here it is. Todd if you are reading this you know it is all true. Here goes! Another, when genius stares you in the face you gotta call a spade a spade. Reasons to like Todd Rundgren or... 4 Nov 2009 01:59
EZ Drummer on Windows 7 x64/SONAR 8.5 x64?
Rick Paul wrote: Has anyone gotten Toontrack EZ Drummer to work on 64-bit SONAR (I'm using SONAR 8.5.1) on 64-bit Windows 7? If so, did you need to do any tricks to get things working (and what, if so)? I first tried installing EZD leaving my existing EZD sample location in place. It at least see... 4 Nov 2009 18:36
Anyone have a Nylon String with a pickup?
< I wonder if Ted still has that Yamaha ( model Number ? ) and a track I can hear?> I think it's an AX-10. Check out my website, MySpace, and Facebook sites. Ronald Isley/Burt Bacharach "Love Is Still The Answer" Ted Perlman "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen" Both recorded with that Yamaha nylon guitar. My... 2 Nov 2009 12:20