From: Betov on
"Wolfgang Kern" <nowhere(a)never.at> �crivait news:fbjr7c$sob$3
@newsreader2.utanet.at:

> Now all what I found were Libraries and tool offers,
> the page named "API-reference" seems to be a very blank one.

? Did you click on [Api References], in the Documentation
menu ? ---> < http://www.gtk.org/api/ >. Then you click
upon, say, "online", for "Glib"... and so on. Tons of stuff
there. I did not really digged into, but i found out several
details, i am concerned with. Nothing much different from
the Win32 Api we are used to, in my opinion (to be verified).

To me, the problem is not a this level: It is *below*. The
problem is *Linux*. This system is utterly unusable. Scaring.

> Where the hell are the description of this damned linux functions
> from ADD_WCH until ZCAT to be found ???

Don't ask me... :)))))

But if they are *Linux* Functions, i suppose they are not
in there, unless the GTK stuff would cover them (I saw GTK
funtions for Files, for example. So...)

> Use they all just C-libraries and nobody cares how and why they work ?

Does something "works" under Linux ?

:))

> Someone must have written this libs, Mr. Linus himself ?

:]]]]]]

Have a phone ?

:]]]]]]

Courage. Betov.

< http://rosasm.org >

From: rhyde on
On Sep 4, 7:48 am, "Wolfgang Kern" <nowh...(a)never.at> wrote:

> Where the hell are the description of this damned linux functions
> from ADD_WCH until ZCAT to be found ???

These are *not* Linux functions.

> Use they all just C-libraries

Sounds like it. As the GTK is written in C, this is almost assuredly
the case.

> and nobody cares how and why they work ?

That is, after all, the purpose of having libraries. So you don't have
to worry about how and why they work. All you need to know is *what*
they do and how to call them.

> Someone must have written this libs, Mr. Linus himself ?

I thought you were reading the GTK page?
You do realize that GTK (Gimp Tool Kit) is *not* a part of Linux,
right?
If you go here http://www.gtk.org/people.html, you will find a list of
people responsible for the GTK.

hLater,
Randy Hyde

From: Betov on
Frank Kotler <fbkotler(a)verizon.net> �crivait news:kqfDi.7240$5x2.1160
@trndny07:

> http://mysite.verizon.net/fbkotler/gtk_asm-samples-6.4.tar.bz2

These examples show a problem (for RosAsm), with the modules
names including '.'. I will have to modify a little bit the
RosAsm convention, because of this, but... how?

Actually, we have something rather complex. Example:

* call "DllName.FunctionName" ; The normal way.

* call "ModuleName.ext.FunctionName" ; For any Module Type.

* Call "FunctionName" ; Once a complete form has been given.

Which achieves into problems like:

* call "Module.Name.02.Function.Name" !!!...

So, if the Modules Names can include a '.', and/or if the
Functions names can include a '.', i have to redefine the
writing convention. What separator to choose then, is a
problem: I have seen terrific namings in Visual Basic, for
example, that RosAsm could never re-assemble.

Ideas?

Betov.

< http://rosasm.org >

From: CodeMonk on

What, no inside EBay jokes yet?

>Frank wrote:
>>
>> I can make your little woman
>> talk all out of her head

Oh wait, that was an inside E-Bay joke.
You Ling-Fu good. Award you Blue Belt.

But no, she wasn't amused :)

So, I'll see your "Spy Games" DVD
and raise you an "Enemy of the State".

This game is being recorded right?
I like watching the replay afterwards.

- Scott

PS: Spare me the new Eli Lilly meds.

From: Frank Kotler on
CodeMonk wrote:

> PS: Spare me the new Eli Lilly meds.

Absolutely!!! Do you realize that doctors peddle drugs they haven't even
*tried*?

Best,
Frank