From: RichA on
Why are the workers offing themselves?

According to the ACFTU the proportion of China's GDP that goes towards
wages and salaries has continued to shrink since 1983, having dropped
from 65.5% in 1983 to 36.7% in 2005. Meanwhile the proportion of
returns on capital in GDP had risen by 20% in the 27 years through
2005.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/plenty-of-foxconn-shame-to-go-around-2010-05-31

From: Me on
On 1/06/2010 1:33 a.m., RichA wrote:
> Why are the workers offing themselves?

Just worth noting, especially if people who don't own Apple products
make sanctimonious claims:

"Among other things, Foxconn produces the Mac mini, the iPod, the iPad,
and the iPhone for Apple Inc.; Intel-branded motherboards for Intel
Corp.; various orders for American computer manufacturers Dell and
Hewlett-Packard; motherboards for UK computer manufacturer Zoostorm; the
PlayStation 2 and PlayStation 3 for Sony; the Wii for Nintendo; the Xbox
360 for Microsoft, cell phones for Motorola, the Amazon Kindle, and
Cisco equipment."

Also worth noting that with >400,000 employees, and the background level
for suicide in China of 12-15 per 100,000 per annum, 10 suicides over a
5 month period is not indicative of anything statistically significant
at all.

It's a great headline story though - especially when there's a link to
Apple - the largest (capital value - not revenue) tech company in the
world.
From: Rich on
Me <user(a)domain.invalid> wrote in news:hu19do$v4o$1(a)news.albasani.net:

> On 1/06/2010 1:33 a.m., RichA wrote:
>> Why are the workers offing themselves?
>>
> Just worth noting, especially if people who don't own Apple products
> make sanctimonious claims:
>
> "Among other things, Foxconn produces the Mac mini, the iPod, the iPad,
> and the iPhone for Apple Inc.; Intel-branded motherboards for Intel
> Corp.; various orders for American computer manufacturers Dell and
> Hewlett-Packard; motherboards for UK computer manufacturer Zoostorm;
the
> PlayStation 2 and PlayStation 3 for Sony; the Wii for Nintendo; the
Xbox
> 360 for Microsoft, cell phones for Motorola, the Amazon Kindle, and
> Cisco equipment."
>
> Also worth noting that with >400,000 employees, and the background
level
> for suicide in China of 12-15 per 100,000 per annum, 10 suicides over a
> 5 month period is not indicative of anything statistically significant
> at all.
> >
> It's a great headline story though - especially when there's a link to
> Apple - the largest (capital value - not revenue) tech company in the
> world.

Yeah, I remember worthless, paper companies in the 1990's worth more in
the stock market than GE because had high-tech names and that impressed
morons. F--- Apple.
From: Me on
On 1/06/2010 12:48 p.m., Rich wrote:
> Me<user(a)domain.invalid> wrote in news:hu19do$v4o$1(a)news.albasani.net:
>
>> On 1/06/2010 1:33 a.m., RichA wrote:
>>> Why are the workers offing themselves?
>>>
>> Just worth noting, especially if people who don't own Apple products
>> make sanctimonious claims:
>>
>> "Among other things, Foxconn produces the Mac mini, the iPod, the iPad,
>> and the iPhone for Apple Inc.; Intel-branded motherboards for Intel
>> Corp.; various orders for American computer manufacturers Dell and
>> Hewlett-Packard; motherboards for UK computer manufacturer Zoostorm;
> the
>> PlayStation 2 and PlayStation 3 for Sony; the Wii for Nintendo; the
> Xbox
>> 360 for Microsoft, cell phones for Motorola, the Amazon Kindle, and
>> Cisco equipment."
>>
>> Also worth noting that with>400,000 employees, and the background
> level
>> for suicide in China of 12-15 per 100,000 per annum, 10 suicides over a
>> 5 month period is not indicative of anything statistically significant
>> at all.
>>>
>> It's a great headline story though - especially when there's a link to
>> Apple - the largest (capital value - not revenue) tech company in the
>> world.
>>

> Yeah, I remember worthless, paper companies in the 1990's worth more in
> the stock market than GE because had high-tech names and that impressed
> morons. F--- Apple.

You can't seriously compare Apple, with revenue of ~$40 billion, income
(EBIT) of $11 billion, and profit of ~$8 billion with tech-bubble
startups of the late '90s?

From: John McWilliams on
Me wrote:
> On 1/06/2010 12:48 p.m., Rich wrote:
>>
>> Yeah, I remember worthless, paper companies in the 1990's worth more in
>> the stock market than GE because had high-tech names and that impressed
>> morons. F--- Apple.
>>
> You can't seriously compare Apple, with revenue of ~$40 billion, income
> (EBIT) of $11 billion, and profit of ~$8 billion with tech-bubble
> startups of the late '90s?

Rich can use his hatred of Apple, compact cameras, plastic and people
unlike him ethnically to make any "comparison" you can think of.

Maybe he shorted the stock at $40....

--
john mcwilliams