From: David J. Littleboy on

"tony cooper" <tony_cooper213(a)earthlink.net> wrote:
> On Wed, 2 Jun 2010 16:38:30 -0700, Mike Russell
> <groupsRE(a)MOVEcurvemeister.com> wrote:
>
>>On Wed, 2 Jun 2010 07:09:27 -0700, C J Campbell wrote:
>>
>>> Rich has severe mental issues and he probably should be in therapy.
>>> Perhaps it is time for a group intervention of some kind.
>>
>>Why not make fun of some other disease than mental illness, just for a
>>change?
>>
> I don't get the impression that anyone is making fun of mental
> disease. They are making fun of RichA. He is the Vovoid of this
> group.

We could move on to making fun of Mike. For example, we could point out that
it's far more harmful to accuse people of real mental illness than it is to
point out with jokes that the person in question is being a bit overmuch and
needs to clean up their act.

--
David J. Littleboy
Tokyo, Japan

From: tony cooper on
On Thu, 3 Jun 2010 09:13:57 +0900, "David J. Littleboy"
<davidjl(a)gol.com> wrote:

>"tony cooper" <tony_cooper213(a)earthlink.net> wrote:
>> On Wed, 2 Jun 2010 16:38:30 -0700, Mike Russell
>> <groupsRE(a)MOVEcurvemeister.com> wrote:

>>>Why not make fun of some other disease than mental illness, just for a
>>>change?
>>>
>> I don't get the impression that anyone is making fun of mental
>> disease. They are making fun of RichA. He is the Vovoid of this
>> group.
>
>We could move on to making fun of Mike. For example, we could point out that
>it's far more harmful to accuse people of real mental illness than it is to
>point out with jokes that the person in question is being a bit overmuch and
>needs to clean up their act.

Mike provides far too much solid, beneficial advice in the area of
Photoshop to deserve to be made fun of. I don't think there is any
contributor to the Photoshop newsgroups that is more knowledgeable and
helpful than Mike.

He must be coming from someplace personal to react to comments about
mental problems. It's out-of-character for him.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
From: NameHere on
On Wed, 02 Jun 2010 18:56:23 -0500, George Kerby <ghost_topper(a)hotmail.com>
wrote:

>On 6/2/10 6:00 PM, in article hu6npc11pad(a)news7.newsguy.com, "J. Clarke"
><jclarke.usenet(a)cox.net> wrote:

>>> Now, now, we who exceed the so-called Mensa standard by a hundred points
>>> or more ("Uber-Mensaists") are never to mention our IQ's to anyone but
>>> therapists and lawyers, or perhaps priests if they fall under
>>> confidentiality laws.
>>
>> One needs 132 or better to qualify for Mensa, the highest IQ ever
>> recorded was 230, so if you think you beat the Mensa standard by more
>> than 100 points you should _not_ mention your IQ to therapists lest they
>> decide you're delusional and have you locked up.
>>
>Errr, could the recipient of the 230 score tie his shoes?

Yes, but they'd used tesseractal-klein knots.

From: Peter on
> Peter wrote:
>> "Allen" <allent(a)austin.rr.com> wrote in message
>>> Savageduck wrote:
>>> <snip>
>>>
>>> One exception: the population of my killfile for this group.
>>

>> I have yet to meet a member of Mensa who had any intelligence.
>>
> I've known many people (including myself) who qualified for Mensa, but
> only one who was actually a member. She proves your statement.

I too qualify, but see no reason to join.

--
Peter

From: Peter on
> On 2010-06-02 15:58:39 -0700, Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>
> said:

>>> I know I shouldn't reveal this, but I am on the admissions committee for
>>> the uber class, and the extra secret one that's above it such that I
>>> cannot mention its name, and probably shouldn't mention its
>>> existence.... If you wish to be considered for candidacy, we have a
>>> secure and non-googleable web site I will invite you to to start the
>>> process. Hit me off line.
>>>
>>> Good luck!
>>
>> I'll leave you to wallow in that lofty fantasy, as my scores would bearly
>> permit me to consider candidacy for standard membership.
>>
>> ...and as the Great Groucho once said,"I don't care to belong to any club
>> that would have me as a member."
>
> Damn! That "bearly" should disqualify me immediately. It was supposed to
> be "barely."

And here I thought that since we were vocabularizing in this group you were
also gramaticizing.

--
Peter