From: C J Campbell on
On 2010-05-31 19:02:08 -0700, Me <user(a)domain.invalid> said:

> On 1/06/2010 12:48 p.m., Rich wrote:
>> Me<user(a)domain.invalid> wrote in news:hu19do$v4o$1(a)news.albasani.net:

>>> Just worth noting, especially if people who don't own Apple products
>>> make sanctimonious claims:
>>>
>>> "Among other things, Foxconn produces the Mac mini, the iPod, the iPad,
>>> and the iPhone for Apple Inc.; Intel-branded motherboards for Intel
>>> Corp.; various orders for American computer manufacturers Dell and
>>> Hewlett-Packard; motherboards for UK computer manufacturer Zoostorm;
>> the
>>> PlayStation 2 and PlayStation 3 for Sony; the Wii for Nintendo; the
>> Xbox
>>> 360 for Microsoft, cell phones for Motorola, the Amazon Kindle, and
>>> Cisco equipment."
>>>
>>> Also worth noting that with>400,000 employees, and the background
>> level
>>> for suicide in China of 12-15 per 100,000 per annum, 10 suicides over a
>>> 5 month period is not indicative of anything statistically significant
>>> at all.
>>>>
>>> It's a great headline story though - especially when there's a link to
>>> Apple - the largest (capital value - not revenue) tech company in the
>>> world.
>>>

>> Yeah, I remember worthless, paper companies in the 1990's worth more in
>> the stock market than GE because had high-tech names and that impressed
>> morons. F--- Apple.
>>
> You can't seriously compare Apple, with revenue of ~$40 billion, income
> (EBIT) of $11 billion, and profit of ~$8 billion with tech-bubble
> startups of the late '90s?

Rich has severe mental issues and he probably should be in therapy.
Perhaps it is time for a group intervention of some kind.

--
Waddling Eagle
World Famous Flight Instructor

From: George Kerby on

On 6/1/10 9:03 PM, in article
2010060119030099097-savageduck1(a)REMOVESPAMmecom, "Savageduck"
<savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

> On 2010-06-01 18:39:41 -0700, Rich <none(a)nowhere.com> said:
>
>> Me <user(a)domain.invalid> wrote in news:hu2646$8u3$1(a)news.albasani.net:

>>> He might just be an unhappy malcontent needing Prozac...
>>> Oh wait, Prozac only "works" (self-reported) in about 70% of cases.
>>> What he /really/ needs is a new iPhone:
>>> http://www.salon.com/life/feature/2010/05/30/iphone_college_students/in
>>> dex.html "72 percent said that their iPhone made them happier."
>>> Better than Prozac.
>>>

>> 72% have IQ's under 95...
>
> ...and you know that little fact, how?

Rich is the self-appointed spokesperson for the double-digiters.

From: Peter on
"Allen" <allent(a)austin.rr.com> wrote in message
> Savageduck wrote:
> <snip>
>> Given that you are not going to find 72% of any test population scoring
>> below 95.
>
> One exception: the population of my killfile for this group.

I have yet to meet a member of Mensa who had any intelligence.

--
Peter

From: Allen on
Peter wrote:
> "Allen" <allent(a)austin.rr.com> wrote in message
>> Savageduck wrote:
>> <snip>
>>> Given that you are not going to find 72% of any test population
>>> scoring below 95.
>>
>> One exception: the population of my killfile for this group.
>

> I have yet to meet a member of Mensa who had any intelligence.

I've known many people (including myself) who qualified for Mensa, but
only one who was actually a member. She proves your statement.
Allen
From: John McWilliams on
Allen wrote:
> Peter wrote:
>> "Allen" <allent(a)austin.rr.com> wrote in message
>>> Savageduck wrote:
>>> <snip>
>>>
>>> One exception: the population of my killfile for this group.
>>

>> I have yet to meet a member of Mensa who had any intelligence.
>>
> I've known many people (including myself) who qualified for Mensa, but
> only one who was actually a member. She proves your statement.

Now, now, we who exceed the so-called Mensa standard by a hundred points
or more ("Uber-Mensaists") are never to mention our IQ's to anyone but
therapists and lawyers, or perhaps priests if they fall under
confidentiality laws.

--
john mcwilliams