From: whisky-dave on

"John McWilliams" <jpmcw(a)comcast.net> wrote in message
> Savageduck wrote:

>>> Now, now, we who exceed the so-called Mensa standard by a hundred points
>>> or more ("Uber-Mensaists")
>>
>> Huh! That remark just got you removed from any consideration for MENSA
>> qualification, or membership at any level "uber" or standard .
>
> I know I shouldn't reveal this, but I am on the admissions committee for
> the uber class, and the extra secret one that's above it such that I
> cannot mention its name, and probably shouldn't mention its existence....
> If you wish to be considered for candidacy, we have a secure and
> non-googleable web site I will invite you to to start the process. Hit me
> off line.
>
> Good luck!

What does it cost ?

From: whisky-dave on

>> I'll leave you to wallow in that lofty fantasy, as my scores would bearly
>> permit me to consider candidacy for standard membership.
>>
>> ...and as the Great Groucho once said,"I don't care to belong to any club
>> that would have me as a member."
>
> Damn! That "bearly" should disqualify me immediately. It was supposed to
> be "barely."

Oh dam, I thought it was meant to be beerly, beer makes me consider many
unwise things, like walking, when I shoud stay seated :)

From: John McWilliams on
whisky-dave wrote:
> "John McWilliams" <jpmcw(a)comcast.net> wrote in message
>> Savageduck wrote:

>>> Huh! That remark just got you removed from any consideration for MENSA
>>> qualification, or membership at any level "uber" or standard .
>> I know I shouldn't reveal this, but I am on the admissions committee for
>> the uber class, and the extra secret one that's above it such that I
>> cannot mention its name, and probably shouldn't mention its existence....
>> If you wish to be considered for candidacy, we have a secure and
>> non-googleable web site I will invite you to to start the process. Hit me
>> off line.
>>
>> Good luck!
>
> What does it cost ?

It's a bargain at $800.00. The real costs are underwritten by the Trust.
You get a couple of really nice wall hangings, framed sheepskin (real),
hand lettered: a lifetime supply of stationery; and a gold pen set (18
kt). Application fees are $150.00.

--
John McWilliams
From: Pete on
On 2010-06-03 15:09:51 +0100, whisky-dave said:

> "Savageduck" <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote in message
>

>>> I'll leave you to wallow in that lofty fantasy, as my scores would
>>> bearly permit me to consider candidacy for standard membership.
>>>
>>> ...and as the Great Groucho once said,"I don't care to belong to any
>>> club that would have me as a member."
>>
>> Damn! That "bearly" should disqualify me immediately. It was supposed
>> to be "barely."
>
> Oh dam, I thought it was meant to be beerly, beer makes me consider many
> unwise things, like walking, when I shoud stay seated :)

I have to ask: in that case, what does whisky do?

--
Pete

From: tony cooper on
On Thu, 3 Jun 2010 15:07:22 +0100, "whisky-dave"
<whisky-dave(a)final.front.ear> wrote:

>"John McWilliams" <jpmcw(a)comcast.net> wrote in message
>> Savageduck wrote:

>>> Huh! That remark just got you removed from any consideration for MENSA
>>> qualification, or membership at any level "uber" or standard .
>>
>> I know I shouldn't reveal this, but I am on the admissions committee for
>> the uber class, and the extra secret one that's above it such that I
>> cannot mention its name, and probably shouldn't mention its existence....
>> If you wish to be considered for candidacy, we have a secure and
>> non-googleable web site I will invite you to to start the process. Hit me
>> off line.
>>
>> Good luck!
>
>What does it cost ?

If you have to ask, you can't afford it.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida