From: tony cooper on
On Wed, 02 Jun 2010 19:00:11 -0400, "J. Clarke"
<jclarke.usenet(a)cox.net> wrote:

>On 6/2/2010 5:32 PM, John McWilliams wrote:
>> Allen wrote:

>>> I've known many people (including myself) who qualified for Mensa, but
>>> only one who was actually a member. She proves your statement.
>>
>> Now, now, we who exceed the so-called Mensa standard by a hundred points
>> or more ("Uber-Mensaists") are never to mention our IQ's to anyone but
>> therapists and lawyers, or perhaps priests if they fall under
>> confidentiality laws.
>
>One needs 132 or better to qualify for Mensa, the highest IQ ever
>recorded was 230, so if you think you beat the Mensa standard by more
>than 100 points you should _not_ mention your IQ to therapists lest they
>decide you're delusional and have you locked up.

Oh, dear. Another one sailing over the head of J. Clarke. "Skid
marks", as my daughter would say.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
From: tony cooper on
On Wed, 2 Jun 2010 16:38:30 -0700, Mike Russell
<groupsRE(a)MOVEcurvemeister.com> wrote:

>On Wed, 2 Jun 2010 07:09:27 -0700, C J Campbell wrote:
>
>> Rich has severe mental issues and he probably should be in therapy.
>> Perhaps it is time for a group intervention of some kind.
>
>Why not make fun of some other disease than mental illness, just for a
>change?

I don't get the impression that anyone is making fun of mental
disease. They are making fun of RichA. He is the Vovoid of this
group.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
From: George Kerby on

On 6/2/10 6:00 PM, in article hu6npc11pad(a)news7.newsguy.com, "J. Clarke"
<jclarke.usenet(a)cox.net> wrote:

> On 6/2/2010 5:32 PM, John McWilliams wrote:
>> Allen wrote:

>>> I've known many people (including myself) who qualified for Mensa, but
>>> only one who was actually a member. She proves your statement.
>>
>> Now, now, we who exceed the so-called Mensa standard by a hundred points
>> or more ("Uber-Mensaists") are never to mention our IQ's to anyone but
>> therapists and lawyers, or perhaps priests if they fall under
>> confidentiality laws.
>
> One needs 132 or better to qualify for Mensa, the highest IQ ever
> recorded was 230, so if you think you beat the Mensa standard by more
> than 100 points you should _not_ mention your IQ to therapists lest they
> decide you're delusional and have you locked up.

Errr, could the recipient of the 230 score tie his shoes?

From: Twibil on
On Jun 2, 9:53 am, Allen <all...(a)austin.rr.com> wrote:

> I've known many people (including myself) who qualified for Mensa, but
> only one who was actually a member. She proves your statement.

Ah, if you were actually qualified for Mensa then you'd understand
that she's merely apocryphal evidence and proves absolutely nothing
about anyone except herself.

And even that's only true if we accept that you're qualified to make
such a judgement in the first place.
From: George Kerby on

On 6/2/10 6:46 PM, in article o5rd065rfi24vepn3a33bd63qf3re800ih(a)4ax.com,
"tony cooper" <tony_cooper213(a)earthlink.net> wrote:

> On Wed, 02 Jun 2010 19:00:11 -0400, "J. Clarke"
> <jclarke.usenet(a)cox.net> wrote:

>>> Now, now, we who exceed the so-called Mensa standard by a hundred points
>>> or more ("Uber-Mensaists") are never to mention our IQ's to anyone but
>>> therapists and lawyers, or perhaps priests if they fall under
>>> confidentiality laws.
>>
>> One needs 132 or better to qualify for Mensa, the highest IQ ever
>> recorded was 230, so if you think you beat the Mensa standard by more
>> than 100 points you should _not_ mention your IQ to therapists lest they
>> decide you're delusional and have you locked up.
>
> Oh, dear. Another one sailing over the head of J. Clarke. "Skid
> marks", as my daughter would say.

He wears his underwear on his head?!?