First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36
mobo beeps
Hi, I have a Dell PC that has suddenly stopped working. When I try to start it I get nothing except a series of beeps. It sounds like 6 beeps in a 1-2-1-2 configuration or it could be 3 beeps twice. What does that mean? ... 2 Feb 2010 17:39
Found new hardware on every start up
Does anyone know why everytime i restart my PC, i always get "Found new hardware" and i have to click cancel. i have nothing plugged into the USB ports at all and i don't understand. help please with this annoyance. thanks ... 25 Jan 2010 11:41
Why Windows needs RAID driver?
While in DOS level all drives are visible/accesable why Windows cannot use RAID disks and asks for necessary drivers? Especially during Windows installation. If I format a RAID partition as FAT I may install DOS : ) What's wrong with Win? ... 26 Jan 2010 03:18
How does hibernate work
I have a question on the details of how hibernate works. I know it's saving everything in memory to the hiber file. Since power seems to be truly off at hibernation I assumed the flag to tell the PC to resume from the hiber file rather than normal booting must be either saved on disk or flashed to a bit of bios rom... 23 Jan 2010 08:45
Get 'Found New Hardware' message when plugging smartphone into PC
Check with the supplier of your blackberry device, see if they have software for your device to talk with your pc. Visit the manufactors web site see if they have a download. "Justin Dutoit" wrote: Hi- why does Windows XP Pro 32-bit SP3 say it has found new hardware, every time I plug my Blackberry into... 20 Jan 2010 21:57
Get 'Found New Hardware' message when plugging smartphone into PC via USB
Hi- why does Windows XP Pro 32-bit SP3 say it has found new hardware, every time I plug my Blackberry into my PC via the USB cable? It never did that before I backed up and wiped my hard drive, then reinstalled everything. I guess I need to install some driver or something, but what? Other USB drives plug in fin... 20 Jan 2010 17:28
Dell - no sound
hi , I have Dell desktop with win xp sp3 recently I am not able to play any sound on om PC when I go to control panel/sounds.. - there is no playback device - it is gray when I do unistall and search for new hardware - it finds my card but can not finish instalation in device manager my IDT HD Audio Codec has ... 19 Jan 2010 21:28
Where is The latest Windows XP Hardware Compatibility List??
I suspect microsoft many have binned it. Links from http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314062 lead to http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/hcl/default.mspx And links from that for the list, lead to http://winqual.microsoft.com/help which is of no help ... -- Adrian C ... 18 Jan 2010 18:49
German government warns against using MS Explorer
Now this must be the news of 2010 After nearly 10 years of unlimited patches, hotfixes and service Packs, IE is still a weak link in recent attacks on Google's systems. Either M$ is now threatened by Googles rise to prominence or IE is completely rubbish. Either way we should start taking instructions from the ... 17 Jan 2010 04:04
DVD Not Reading in XP Home
DVD Not Reading in XP Home. Also DVD Burner. But they work in other PC's and other DVD ROM's work in this Dell Dimension 3000. Service Pak 3, all updates Should you add a 3 for a DVD Rom and a 4 for a DVD/RW ?? 1. In the navigation pane of the Registry Editor window, click the Volume{GUID} folder unde... 16 Jan 2010 10:37