First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40
Seagate FreetoGo Power Esk Supply--What Does it Look Like?`
I seem to have somehow misplaced my PS (Subject). I have TerraByte FreetoGo PS and it is white and very much like a rectangle. Can someone describe there's and the electrical requirements? ... 22 Nov 2009 00:42
Non existent USB devices appearing in device manager and safely re
Two non-existent USB devices appear in device manager and the safely remove icon in the tray. The devices are: generic flash hs-cf usb device generic Flash HS-Combo USB Device However, no such devices are attached to any usb ports. These devices appear under storage in the device manager. In the safely... 23 Nov 2009 15:16
Loss of CD reader/writer
The CD rom reader-writer of my PC HP Pavilion zd8410ea is not recognised anymore by the system software. It is hence impossible for me to install any new software or read any data with my CD reader/writer. Can anybody help me to get my CD rom reader-writer properly installed again ? I am using Windows XP - Prof... 21 Nov 2009 05:59
Fixmbr doesn't fix mbr
The fix MBR command in the recovery console ALWAYS gives the message about a non-standard drive etc. It makes it sound like your computer will blow up if you execute this command. Simply type "Y" and it will fix your mbr. good luck -- graykp ---------------------------------------------------------------------... 17 Nov 2009 16:21
\Device\Harddisk0\D
If you go into Disk Management (in XP) there should be at least two volumes listed, C and unnamed (blank). I would say that C = \Device\Harddisk0\C _ = \Device\Harddisk0\D where _ denotes the blank/unnamed volume. I'm not 100% positive, but if I get time to further investigate this using WMI from power... 12 Nov 2009 14:02
PCIe eSATA Card +Win7 x64
I have been trying to install a eSata PCIe card into my machine (Gigabyte GA-P45-DS3 MB) to drive my Seagate FreeAgent external HDD. So far I have tried two cards, one with a SIL3112 chipset and the other with a JMicron360 chipset. Both cards appear to install and drivers loaded (x64 drivers). Device Manager ... 9 Nov 2009 01:11
Graphics card fan problem
Someone deleted my post and I don't know why! When I tried to see if anyone responded it said my message was no longer on the server. This is NOT spam and I'd appreciate if you don't delete this one. Anyway, the fan on my ATI 9600xt AIW graphics card has started to run rather loudly a few days ago. I can un... 12 Nov 2009 09:31
After power failure, some problems...
When I noticed that my system clock had been reset to Jan. 1, 2002, I corrected it manually, and that allowed my A-V "license" to be validated. However, to my surprise, I had to reinstall the audio drivers from the CD. But My Computer now shows the presence of a floppy drive (A). This machine has never had a flop... 8 Nov 2009 19:39
Disabling a HDD, then disconnecting it.
If I go to "Device Management" and go to the properties of the HDD in question, thereis a dialogue which gives the option of "disabling" this HDD. My question is: Since I want to disconnect this HDD while the computer is still running, can I use this feature to do this? Also, can I plug-in this HDD while... 8 Nov 2009 18:33
Boot manger gone
Installed a new Sata capable hard drive in my computer. Tried to install windows 7 on the new hard drive. Would not install; as it indicated that the drive probably would not accept a operating system (Had to us an expansion card with a Sata interface ). Said "OH well" and decided to do some research. Tried to ... 7 Nov 2009 07:07