First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40
Copying files to CDRW
I have formatted a CD using InCd (Nero) and there were no errors. Every file/folder I try to copy directly (using Windows Explorer) I get the following error: Windows encountered a problem when trying to copy this folder Retry, skip cancel. I have tried other files and folders but no luck. I have even tur... 21 Sep 2005 17:15
USB to RS232
I am trying to use a USB to RS232 adaptor between my laptop and a datalogger. The adaptor is coming up as a human interface device and will not allow the program for the data logger to connect as the program is looking for a port. The laptop is completely void of 'ports' as such, as it only has USB connections ... 11 Sep 2005 02:43
System has been tampered with
I've been having this problem for a while. Most of the time when I turn off my pc and then start the next morning, I get the message "176 the system has been tampered with. The keyboard is locked. Turn off and then turn on your computer." In addition to that, I receive various messages at times. This morning I... 21 Aug 2005 11:37
Bluetooth Devices Icon Missing from Control Panel
I have SP2 properly installed (as far asI know) but there's no "Bluetooth Devices" icon in my control panel - si I can't install my USB Bluetooth adapter (i have no "on board" transceiver) Any Clues? ... 29 Jul 2005 02:11
Errors in Event Viewer
I keep getting these errors (warnings) in event viewer consistently: "TCP/IP has reached the security limit imposed on the number of concurrent TCP connect attempts." "The PCAMPR5 NDIS Protocol Driver service failed to start due to the following error: The system cannot find the file specified. " "The drive... 29 May 2005 21:02
Can't format 200 GB Maxtor SATA drive with Windows XP
Hi, I've got a new Maxtor DiamondMax 10 200 GB SATA hard drive, model 6B200MO, and I want to use it as an additional drive in my PC. I don't want to make it my bootable drive. I already have Windows XP Home newly installed on a separate Western Digital IDE drive. My motherboard is quite old: Micro-Star Interna... 4 Jun 2005 17:12
Monitor Problem! - Screen view turned sideways!
Need some help. I have some files sitting on my keyboard and after a few beeps, the picture on my monitor is now sideways and I can't seem to get it back to normal. It must be a certain key stroke combination. Can anyone help? Would a "System Restore" solve this problem? Thanks. ... 13 Apr 2005 21:25
Windows cannot load SAMSUNG CDRW/DVD drive
I'm running Windows XP serevice pack 2. When I place a cd into my drive nothing happens. So I went to the Device Manager and it said that "Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)". I have a SAMSUNG CDRW/DVD SM-308B drive. How can I fix this? You... 18 Mar 2005 22:25
DBGHELP.dll
it says "savedump.exe - unable to locate componet that's the header in the box it says...."This application has failed to start because DBGHELP.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem" i found out that this comes with - Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2 after this msg the com... 15 Mar 2005 23:26
USB PORTS
I HAD INSTALLED ADDITIONAL USB PORTS ON MY COMPUTER, BUT I AM NOT SURE WHETHER THEY ARE 1.0 OR 2.0. IS THERE ANY WAY THAT I CAN TELL? THANKS. -- richn13 ... 11 Mar 2005 17:35