First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
XP Sound and Video SR1710NX Desktop
Which utility in XP home is used to solve software and hardware issues with no sound? Or Video problems? What would you do? This Compaq Presario SR1710NX Desktop PC has perfect onboard sound. XP Home Srv Pak 3. An ASUS / ATI / Video card was added. The video works perfect but no SOUND. No SOUND device in ... 12 Mar 2010 23:59
XP Sound and Video SR1710NX Desktop
Which utility in XP home is used to solve software and hardware issues with no sound? Or Video problems? What would you do? This Compaq Presario SR1710NX Desktop PC has perfect onboard sound. XP Home Srv Pak 3. An ASUS / ATI / Video card was added. The video works perfect but no SOUND. No SOUND device in ... 13 Mar 2010 19:49
Nothing shows up in windows ME forum so im puting it here
I have an old windows ME that i am trying to clone on to a flash drive and half way through the proccess the program gives me an error saying hd error cannot read try running chkdisk to fix any errors but then i run it and there is no errors. is there any program that can clone the whole hd including OS and er... 12 Mar 2010 21:49
Disk Imaging
I think I understand the value of backing up an "image" of you computer versus backing up files. My only question is whether or not you can back up another "image" over a previous image on a back-up drive or is it a one-time-thing? Thanks for your help and feedback. (B^>)-]=[ ... 12 Mar 2010 20:43
Enable / disable hardware at startup
I've got a wireless network adaptor that blue screens Windows XP SP3 if it is enabled at startup. If I start up in Safe Mode, disable the device, then restart normally, then re-enble the device it works fine. Is there any way to start the device off disabled, maybe run a batch file to enable it after a minute ... 12 Mar 2010 07:14
Getting Compaq to Boot With 4 Gig Memory
We have a Compaq W8000 workstation with 4 GB of memory installed. Unfortunately Windows can only retrieve and use about 3.61 GB of that. It looks like the BIOS of various cards might be locking up part of the first 640 KB of memory? Can anyone give some advice on how to get Windows to get use of the full 4GB o... 17 Mar 2010 15:59
Sound Blaster 2 ZS dead after reboot
Did a clean install on a Gateway 3200XL, loaded all the updates and drivers. Sound card works normally until I reboot, then no sound but the card is still in device manager and displayed as working properly. I made sure the motherboard sound chip was disabled in the bios, moved the Audigy sound card to a differ... 18 Mar 2010 10:33
copy hard drive?
Hello group, I am running out of space on my hard drive and want to migrate to a larger one. Can I "copy" my current hard drive onto a larger one? Is it necessary to purchase software to do so. PC running SP with all the SP packages. Also would hate to have to reinstall the many programs involved. Thanks. ... 15 Mar 2010 12:21
WebCam problems
Hello I run XP PRO + SP3. Over the years I bought three webcams but each time I move to a faster Window operating system, my cams become obsolete as I can't get an update of the drivers to the cam program.That's when I go buy the new one. The last one I bought is an expensive INTEL with many bells and whistles... 15 Mar 2010 20:44
WinXP System Verification Error in STREAM.SYS WDM driver error
"ANONYMOUS" wrote: RPC SERVER Try this link: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q224370 hth The indicated link is out-dated. ... 6 Mar 2010 19:36