First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
Nero 5 won't detect CD-RW drive in XP Home (SP3)
I've recently installed Nero 5.0 on a XP Home Version 2002 (Service Pack 3) system. I have a (LG brand) HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-8481B Drive. For some reason, Nero 5.0 won't detect this drive at all. When I select "Choose Recorder" from witin Nero, it only detects the Image Recorder, not the CD-RW Drive. As a result,... 4 Apr 2010 17:05
XP on SSD flash drive?
<npx(a)no.spam> wrote in message news:aa6fr599lqvun00eck8dsakm2j5bts7urs(a)4ax.com... Can XP install on an SSD flash drive? or does it not have the drivers, can it only install on a regular hard disk? You would not want to. Compared to magnetic disks, flash disks are very slow. They also have a limit of le... 6 Apr 2010 09:42
Adding USB To Dell Latitude D600
I have a used Dell Latitude D600 O/S WINXP PRO. I am trying to find a way to add additional two USB ports making it a total 4 usable USB ports for: 1 - Wireless Mouse 1 - 16GB Toshiba external drive (backup) 1 - 400GB Toshiba external drive (Data drive) 1 - USB wireless modem or external floppy drive. I t... 6 Apr 2010 09:42
XP Prof SP-3:Writing problem Sony Optical Drive Optiarc CD-RW CRX8
Having Windows XP Professional with SP 3 OS in my Acer Aspire 3002NLC Notebook. And Sony “Optical Drive Optiarc CD-RW CRX880A” . I have installed the relevant firmware downloading it form the URL http://www.sony-optiarc.us/en/support-service/downloads/fw_cd-writer-dv-series3.htm . My system is using Nero Start... 5 Apr 2010 11:39
Local printer not ready after Windows restart
Hi, On a HP desktop comptuer (running WinXP PRO) we have Epson-LQ printer connected via LPT port. When user restarts or shut-down computer the printer is displayed as not-connected and the only thing to get it working is to delete it and re-scan HW so that Windows installs it again. Have checked all settings... 12 Apr 2010 09:13
Memory slowness issue
Greetings. I have a 10yr old HP8705 800Mhz CPU, 512MB RAM that has slowed down noticeably in opening programs, ect. I have been using this computer consistantly on the ballpark of 6hrs a day for 10 yrs. You can count on two hands any significant issues I've had with this and less than a dozen warnings of viruses ... 9 Apr 2010 13:25
Code 38 When Inserting USB FD
About 50% of the time when I insert a USB FD, the system make a noise (the clunky sound when a USB device is inserted) but then doesn't recognize the drive. If I pursue troubleshooting I get the "an instance of the device driver is already in memory" (Code 38). I am using WinXP Prof SP3. I ALWAYS remove a USB... 30 Mar 2010 16:09
wireless keyboard M/S 3000
I have3 recently purchased a combo M/S wireless keyboard mouse and must of the time it works well, but three times now it has failed to initialize on first boot. I have had to remove the transceiver and put in a different usb port, however, later I can put it back where it was in the rear USB port and it still... 2 Apr 2010 02:49
Windows Doesn't Recognize Media Correctly
I have a situation where a Windows XP SP3 machine will not correctly recognize or rather, correctly acknowledge that media has been inserted. When I say 'burn' or talk about writing to a CD, I'm using the built-in burning features/capabilities of Windows XP, not a third party application/tool. If I boot the... 30 Mar 2010 09:26
Please recommend one freeware to prevent USB flash disk from virus
Sometimes, I plug USB flash disk into various unknown computers. And I don't know if these computers are free from virus or not. What can I do? ... 2 Apr 2010 03:54