First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
found new hardware--but it's not
I have four USB hard drives that I regularly use to back up my WinXP fully updated computer. Suddenly, Windows stopped recognizing the drives. It says it's found new hardware--a USB device--and wants to me to use a Wizard to install it. I've canceled the installation each time, since Windows has always recogniz... 26 May 2010 12:29
Disk Read Error Occurred
I have an older Gateway PC running XP Pro SP3. I was working on my PC with no problem, it slowed down (not infrequent occurrence), then I suddenly couldn't load a web page at all. Thought I had just lost my internet connection, so I closed everything and restarted. Now I get "A disk read error occurred. Press c... 23 Jun 2010 04:05
Shared printer problem
Hi On Windows XP SP3 via USB installed pritner HP LaserJet 1022 work perfectly printing directly from local computer. After sharing printer through a network, when users tries to print, the print job gets into queue of a local computer that has printer installed but it doesn't print it just waits there. Afte... 7 Jun 2010 10:47
CMOS Battery Type
Could anyone assist, I wish to make sure I get correct replacement CMOS battery before I remove old one. My board is ECS Sis 735KS5A Is there a reference chart available please, unless you know type. Thank You Roger in UK. ... 23 May 2010 14:41
SAFE TO REMOVE
I've got a built in media card reader in my home computer. When I'm through reading my SD card I've taken out of my camera, I choose to "safely remove" this from my computer, as I've been led to believe, so I won't loose any data. Problem is, that when I do so, the drive(s) (actually there are four) dissappear... 24 May 2010 12:22
You might try typing msconfig in the run box, boot.
I have performed as advised and I see that under msconfig>boot.ini>advanced options>numproc and I got a 1 with no other selectable option. I use WinXP SP2, on a Dell E6400. A repair install of Xp has not resolved the matter and I cannot perform a reinstall as I do not have the key. Please assist. Jaymo wro... 22 May 2010 06:14
help "COM1 in use" problem
How can I tell what has grabbed a com port. I try to connect to COM1 but am told it is in use, but I haven't intentionally connected any thing to it. My boot.ini has the /fastdetect /NoExecute=OptIn options so nothing should be causing a problem at boot. This is a remote machine and I do have a COM1 serial c... 19 May 2010 21:36
Reminder - Microsoft Responds to the Evolution of Community
What is Happening? This message is to inform you that Microsoft will soon begin discontinuing newsgroups and transitioning users to Microsoft forums. Why? As you may know, newsgroups have existed for many years now; however, the traffic in the Microsoft newsgroups has been steadily decreasing for the past sev... 19 May 2010 19:24
I need help!
Okay i just recently bought a use laptop. I've only had it for a month at the most and well its doing something i've never seen before and i would really like to know why this would be happening. I recently discoverd that when the laptop has been on for more then 2 hours that it will seize up and the only way ... 20 May 2010 01:56
MY PC DOESN'T HAVE A PARALLEL PORT HOW CAN I GET PRINTOUT?
Dear All, I have using a DOS Based Program on Windows XP environment to do my office work. That program using Parallel port to (LPT 1) get printout We are using EPSON and Lexmark Wide Carriage Dot Metric Printers. Now I have a Big Problem I've changed the My PC to new IBM PC. All programs are working fine. But ... 26 May 2010 03:45