First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Computer won't boot
Hi all - I'm trying to help some friends fixed their computer. They have a Gateway 816gm running WinXP. The issue they were having was that the computer would just shut completely down for no reason if they were using it and then stopped period. I pre-diagnosed this as maybe a power supply, motherboard, o... 13 May 2010 13:50
How to store spare PCI and AGP cards?
Speaking of hardware, does anyone know of a good way to store spare PCI, AGP, PCI Express, etc. controller cards? Putting them back into an anti- static bag and shoving them into a drawer has been my default method of keeping them. But when you want to look for something, it's not convenient. I tried a few ... 11 May 2010 17:56
Looking for USB Flash Drives with Hardware Write Protection
I am looking for USB Flash drives with hardware write protection, you know the type with the button that you slide to disable writing. It is mainly for software installation and it is prevent virus infections. I need to update the software on it regularly, and DVDs and CDs don't always work. Any recommendatio... 17 May 2010 18:02
IDE HD Boot Probs
My mighty backup PC, Asus MB 2.66 Pent 4 running XP Pro has died. All of a sudden, as in overnight, it will not boot from a HD. Will boot from floppy and from CD just fine. Try boot from HD and I get NTLDR not found, I get Boot Image not found, or it just recycles to try to reboot (unsuccessfully). Never actu... 10 May 2010 09:53
Where do you want to go tomorrow?
Dear users of msnews.microsoft.com, There are rumors that Microsoft plans to shut down this nntp server. See this for example: http://news.cnet.com/8301-13860_3-20004109-56.html Any thoughts on where we can migrate from here - besides of the web-based MSDN forums?. To Google groups, maybe? Regards, --... 14 May 2010 19:26
ku ingin
ku ingin yg ku mau Nic wrote: Multimedia Audio Controller Driver and Others 16-Mar-08 Hey, I recently cleaned off my whole desktop computer and with that i lost all the drivers. I need the following Drivers for a Dell Dimension 4700 with windows xp home edition version 2002 SP2 It is a Intel(R) Petium... 6 May 2010 15:24
Why Transfer from internal HD to USB External Drive [So Slow]?
(Just added more to Subject that I missed) On 5/6/2010 11:36 AM, W. eWatson wrote: I'm trying to transfer about 64G from an internal drive to an external Seagate Free Agent 1.0 terrabyte drive (Subject). The estimated time is about 3.3 hours. That seems very slow. I have no idea if I'm using a USB 2.0 or 1... 6 May 2010 17:39
Why Transfer from internal HD to USB External Drive?
I'm trying to transfer about 64G from an internal drive to an external Seagate Free Agent 1.0 terrabyte drive (Subject). The estimated time is about 3.3 hours. That seems very slow. I have no idea if I'm using a USB 2.0 or 1.0 port. I ran Sandra and it showed USB Controller 5, 12419 NEC PIC to USB 2.0. No other... 7 May 2010 00:15
Nikon LS 1000 slide scanner
I have one also. Have you found the appropriate drivers& software, suitable for Windows XP quess who wrote: Need software for NIKON LS 1000 slide scanner. 13-Mar-08 I have an old Nikon LS 1000 slide scanner and would like to use it for scanning slides, but I need the software for it. Does any one know w... 6 May 2010 14:17
My DVD rewriter has slowed to a crawl.
Hi I have two Optiarc DVD RW AD-7170A drives in my PC -one is master and other is slave. Today I decided to copy a DVD using the slave drive. However,I noticed that the speed of the slave drive was being limited to ~2mb/s. When I tried with the master drive, it was able to read at more than 10mb/s. Previous... 9 May 2010 12:09