First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
repaired ext hd - point to the file data
I recently had an external hard drive fail. Sometimes it showed up under my computer and other times not. Did not show up in disk management. Tried on another pc - nogo. So.... I sent drive off for data recovery and received email from comp that said: A. Media evaluation results overview * The file system was ... 8 May 2010 10:07
Microsoft Responds to the Evolution of Online Communities
Date 5/4/2010 Starting in early summer 2010, Microsoft will begin progressively closing down the Microsoft public newsgroups to enrich conversations in the rapidly-growing forum platform. This decision is in response to worldwide market trends and evolving customer needs. Microsoft continues to invest in forums t... 4 May 2010 23:33
Microsoft Responds to the Evolution of Online Communities
Date 5/4/2010 Starting in early summer 2010, Microsoft will begin progressively closing down the Microsoft public newsgroups to enrich conversations in the rapidly-growing forum platform. This decision is in response to worldwide market trends and evolving customer needs. Microsoft continues to invest in forums t... 4 May 2010 23:33
XP will not install on new hard drive
Am trying to install XP on new hdd. I have orig. XP disk from Dell. After initial copying of temp files, the computer reboots and then nothing. I think this is because it is not seeing the hard drive which is a SATA drive. It is seen in the BIOs but not in installation. I cannot change settings for SATA i... 5 May 2010 08:14
Unable to get the display in the monitor
If your computer does not "turn on", and you have signal cable disconnected displayed on the screen, you have a hardware fault. Power Supply motherboard, Video card, CPU, and Hard Drive can all be a pat of the problem. Without spare parts, about all you can do is disconnect everything but the power supply, ke... 3 May 2010 03:22
HP laserjet 1230
My friend has a XP home desktop. His daughter has an iPod that cannot be detected by the PC. I tried the to un-install the USB root hubs /host controllers inside the devmgmt. But after that even the HP laserjet become un-usable ! I cannot re-install the printer driver even a new usb device is detected when atta... 4 May 2010 11:14
installing XP onto VISTA machine
Have HP Pavioin with VISTA, one physical drive (C:) with four partitions on it. C: is the one with VISTA D: recovery E and F - logical partitions for data storage. Want to install XP into one of the existong partitions. However when the installation process come to the screen to select a partition it shows no ... 2 May 2010 20:53
code 39 plug and play enumerator with yellow exclamation
I have no sound on my sound card at the moment because of a fault with the plug and play enumerator with a yellow exclamation mark beside it. When I trouble shoot, it says there is a code 39 error. So I uninstalled the drivers in the hope XP might reinstall the driver, only for it to no longer exist now. What ca... 1 May 2010 18:43
zf561402.cab
My msoffice got problems. So I reinstall the program. As it runs through the process, I get an error that the program cannot find the 'ZF561402.cab' file. The file is not located on the disk Gan SOON wrote: ZF561402.CAB 12-Apr-08 My msoffice got problems. So I reinstall the program. As it runs through the... 30 Apr 2010 20:47
usb 1.0 or usb 2.0?
How can I determine which usb I have? Is there something in Windows which will tell me? Thanks, -- John ... 7 May 2010 14:32