First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
ACPI / WinTV-NOVA TD-500 / User accounts Nightmare
Just fitted Hauppage WinTV-NOVA TD-500 PCI card to my old, Conroe 865pe / Core2 6300 @ 1.86ghz / 2xPC3200 HyperX etc , and it works fine but, along the way I'm having a fight with ACPI, and XP Home edition's User accounts - which I've never fully understood ! ....and Hibernate is halting after it's progress bar h... 15 Apr 2010 20:24
Computer hangs during boot if the eSATA drive is turned on
Ran into a problem preventing me from trying a couple of suggestions to work around the delayed write problem to an eSATA drive I wrote about earlier (Apr 8)..... Now my computer will not boot if the eSATA drive is turned on. It hangs right before it finishes loading the BIOS. About 95% of the way before the ... 21 Apr 2010 09:29
HP Deskjet 935 C
I have a HP Deskjet 935C printer which has always worked fine in both Black and White print and in Color. Today I wanted to print a color document and it always shows in the preview as a black and white document (which it is not). It also prints it as Black and White. Yet , I checked all on the printer and ... 15 Apr 2010 18:07
Unable to Format Hard Disk Partition
I have few Desktop Computers in our office running Windows XP SP3, in which I am not able to format a partition of the same disk on which Windows XP is also installed on the partition. Notes:- 1. The computers are Lenovo ThinkCentre machines, M/T: 8985-A23, and out of warranty. 2. I have partitioned, and the... 17 Apr 2010 09:41
Insert button on keyboard
Is there any way to stop this button from functioning? I'm sure there are many people who do need the ability to type over what has been written (if that needs to be done, just select the text you want to go, and press Delete). Its just a constant annoyance finding you've accidentally hit the Insert key and th... 13 Apr 2010 11:43
problem about id events
I've windows XP PRO SP3, Office 2003, pc mobile Compaq nx9000 That's the problem In Event viewer / system I find - error Service control manager id 7023 and - error UPS id 2481 but I cannot find a solution. My Pc hasn't a continutiy group Can someone help me ? Thanks ... 13 Apr 2010 00:48
Problems with my Keyboard and Mouse
Ed i see that i am not the only one with the same problem as you have my mouse works but my keyboard when i push a key makes a noise like a horn blowing,and i have only had this problem since i downloaded the update SP3 for XP Pro.32 bit,I have tried evrything been everywhere asked everyone but i still haven't solved ... 12 Apr 2010 03:46
monitor brightness adjustment
I have a 2003 Dell Dimension desktop computer and flat-screen monitor. I'm running WinXP fully updated. Is there any way I can change the brightness (and contrast) with software, or do I have to do it on the monitor itself? I went through Display properties but couldn't find anything there. Thank you! Jo-An... 11 Apr 2010 23:26
Thanks Alot!!
I unplugged the VGA connector, plug it back in and it is exactly like what you said! The screen lights up for the 1 second period. I toyed with it for awhile and managed to get the screen to work. Then i changed some settings and hope it can last while i get a new monitor. A million thanks to you!! Saved me from the ti... 10 Apr 2010 11:18
Canon MP780 As Network Printer?
I have a Canon MP780 that I have installed on my wireless network so all 3 of my PC's can use it. But my main PC has to be on for the printer to be used by the other 2 PC's. Can I use a USB to ethernet cable to my router and install this printer as a network printer? Then I could use it with all 3 PC's and not ... 12 Apr 2010 13:41