From: GMAN on
In article <2010041214011616708-savageduck1(a)REMOVESPAMmecom>, Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:
>On 2010-04-12 05:44:07 -0700, Chris H <chris(a)phaedsys.org> said:
>
>> In message <da26s5l32315t27s0oc9ntlov95qegmia8(a)4ax.com>, tony cooper
>> <tony_cooper213(a)earthlink.net> writes

>>> It is not insignificant when you write something that can be
>>> misleading because you have not used the right word. There are
>>> readers here who do understand the meaning of words. When those
>>> people read that someone has been "equivocating", they take that to
>>> mean the person has been evasive in their responses.
>>>
>>> Would you say my responses in this thread have been evasive?
>>> Ambiguous? Vague?
>>
>> More in denial and refusing to address the huge problem of the Catholic
>> church supporting pedophiles.
>
>Well it seems Ratzinger is planing to take pedophilia head on, so to speak.
><
>http://www.theonion.com/articles/pope-vows-to-get-church-pedophilia-down-to-acc
>epta,17201/

Acceptable levels???? That would be NO pedophilia!!!!
From: Savageduck on
On 2010-04-12 19:09:59 -0700, Winniethepooh(a)100acrewoods.org (GMAN) said:

> In article <2010041214011616708-savageduck1(a)REMOVESPAMmecom>,
> Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:
>> On 2010-04-12 05:44:07 -0700, Chris H <chris(a)phaedsys.org> said:
>>
>>> In message <da26s5l32315t27s0oc9ntlov95qegmia8(a)4ax.com>, tony cooper
>>> <tony_cooper213(a)earthlink.net> writes

>>> More in denial and refusing to address the huge problem of the Catholic
>>> church supporting pedophiles.
>>
>> Well it seems Ratzinger is planing to take pedophilia head on, so to speak.
>> <
>> http://www.theonion.com/articles/pope-vows-to-get-church-pedophilia-down-to-accepta,17201
>> >

> Acceptable levels???? That would be NO pedophilia!!!!

Did you read beyond the headline?

--
Regards,

Savageduck

From: tony cooper on
On Mon, 12 Apr 2010 21:12:49 -0400, tony cooper
<tony_cooper213(a)earthlink.net> wrote:

>There's not much that can do about abating the problem with the
>church, but my comments might prompt you to use a proofreader for that
>technical paper you are allegedly writing. I would hope that you
>wouldn't want to look the fool by your associates.

I need a proofreader. The first sentence should have been "There's
not much that I can do...".

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
From: tony cooper on
On Tue, 13 Apr 2010 02:09:59 GMT, Winniethepooh(a)100acrewoods.org
(GMAN) wrote:

>In article <2010041214011616708-savageduck1(a)REMOVESPAMmecom>, Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:
>>On 2010-04-12 05:44:07 -0700, Chris H <chris(a)phaedsys.org> said:
>>
>>> In message <da26s5l32315t27s0oc9ntlov95qegmia8(a)4ax.com>, tony cooper
>>> <tony_cooper213(a)earthlink.net> writes

>>> More in denial and refusing to address the huge problem of the Catholic
>>> church supporting pedophiles.
>>
>>Well it seems Ratzinger is planing to take pedophilia head on, so to speak.
>><
>>http://www.theonion.com/articles/pope-vows-to-get-church-pedophilia-down-to-accepta,17201/
>>>

>Acceptable levels???? That would be NO pedophilia!!!!

You didn't notice that this article appears in "The Onion", or is that
you just don't know what "The Onion" is?

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
From: Pete on
On 2010-04-13 02:43:36 +0100, tony cooper said:

> On Mon, 12 Apr 2010 13:09:05 +0100, Pete
> <available.on.request(a)aserver.invalid> wrote:
>
>> On 2010-04-12 12:58:10 +0100, tony cooper said:

>>> It is not insignificant when you write something that can be
>>> misleading because you have not used the right word. There are
>>> readers here who do understand the meaning of words. When those
>>> people read that someone has been "equivocating", they take that to
>>> mean the person has been evasive in their responses.
>>>
>>> Would you say my responses in this thread have been evasive?
>>> Ambiguous? Vague?
>>
>> Excessive.
>
> That's an ambiguous answer, Pete.

My reply had multiple meanings - go figure...

> Excessive in evasiveness or
> excessive in quantity?

Multiple choice doesn't work very well when the correct answer isn't in
the list.

Your failure to address salient points (even snipping some out - cool)
is not being evasive, it is deflection - a totally inappropriate coping
strategy considering the enormity of the issue being discussed. Was
that unambiguous enough? No, it wasn't.

Here are some facts:

Deflection, along with asking closed questions, are two primary factors
causing victims of abuse to feel they must endure it rather than report
it. The abused becomes a life-long victim instead of a survivor,
leaving them open to the many forms of abuse. This in itself is a
tragedy, but it gets worse. Humans are attracted far more by what is
familiar than what is good for them, leading the abused to unwittingly
seek abusers as friends, bosses, and partners - all at a subconscious
level. Despite what is offered by therapists there is no cure, the
damage is permanent. Therapy, for those fortunate enough to eventually
receive it, offers only coping mechanisms.

Spelling and grammar correction therapy would be appropriate for
victims who actively seek to make their condition worse. It works by
invalidation via belittling (more abuse), as I stated in a previous
post.

I find it inconsiderate and offensive to highlight spelling and grammar
while discussing child abuse. The only time I think it would be
appropriate is during the preparation of a legal or technical document.

--
Pete