From: Phildo on

"George's Pro Sound Company" <bmoas(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I offer your problem was lack of experiance rather than any fault with the
> desk

I have plenty of experience on digital boards and much prefer them but with
this board it simply wasn;t intuitive enough to walk up to and do what I
needed to do on in the limitged time available.

> it is very user friendly and dead simple to learn on the fly

I've used plenty of digital boards and this one I simply do not like because
they have shrunk it so there are not enough knobs available for what I do. I
was able to mix on it and do pretty much everything I wanted within a couple
of minutes but found it awkward to use. There was no time to set any user
defined keys etc.

> I don't know of any digital desk that is easier for the untrained to get
> up to speed on

M7CL, A&H I-live, any of the digicos.

Phildo

From: George's Pro Sound Company on

"Phildo" <Phil(a)phildo.net> wrote in message

> "George's Pro Sound Company" <bmoas(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> I offer your problem was lack of experiance rather than any fault with
>> the desk
>
> I have plenty of experience on digital boards and much prefer them but
> with this board it simply wasn;t intuitive enough to walk up to and do
> what I needed to do on in the limitged time available.
>
>> it is very user friendly and dead simple to learn on the fly
>
> I've used plenty of digital boards and this one I simply do not like
> because they have shrunk it so there are not enough knobs available for
> what I do. I was able to mix on it and do pretty much everything I wanted
> within a couple of minutes but found it awkward to use. There was no time
> to set any user defined keys etc.
>
>> I don't know of any digital desk that is easier for the untrained to get
>> up to speed on
>
> M7CL, A&H I-live, any of the digicos.
>
> Phildo

no I live's or digi-co around here but we will disagree on the m7

From: Eeyore on

Phildo wrote:

> "hank alrich" <walkinay(a)nv.net> wrote in message
> > George's Pro Sound Company <bmoas(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> >> Learn the user defined keys function
> >
> > Good idea!
>
> You miss the point. I was a briefcaser walking up to the desk for the first
> time. I was expecting a GL3300 according to what we had been told and the
> gig was running very late so had very little time to learn the board. My
> whole point is that the board is not intuitive or well thought out enough to
> be able to use without some proper time on it first. Unlike the MC7L or the
> A&H boards you can't just walk up to it and mix so it is really not a
> suitable board for any gig where a briefcase engineer will have to use it
> without any training.

Thank you for making the point I have been preaching to YOU for several years.

Graham

From: Eeyore on

George's Pro Sound Company wrote:

> I actually know how your feeling decades ago
> I remember when I rented stacks and racks for a show and they were dropped
> off with a omnidrive ,,not a traditional xover
> that was a scary day
> I swore NEVER again would one of those damn things cross my path
>
> but eventually I learned how to use one and became rather indiffrent to them
>
> I also loath the little Midas desks but if thats what is offered I know
> enough work arounds to make it functional.

I had to service one of those recently.

I have never previously come across such a dysfunctionally constructed product
and dysfunctional tech support.

Graham

From: Eeyore on

Eeyore wrote:

> George's Pro Sound Company wrote:
>
> > I actually know how your feeling decades ago
> > I remember when I rented stacks and racks for a show and they were dropped
> > off with a omnidrive ,,not a traditional xover
> > that was a scary day
> > I swore NEVER again would one of those damn things cross my path
> >
> > but eventually I learned how to use one and became rather indiffrent to them
> >
> > I also loath the little Midas desks but if thats what is offered I know
> > enough work arounds to make it functional.
>
> I had to service one of those recently.
>
> I have never previously come across such a dysfunctionally constructed product
> and dysfunctional tech support.

Oh, and a parts lists that didn't even list any resistor values !

I reckon they're going down the tubes.

Graham