From: Tim S Kemp on

"George's Pro Sound Company" <bmoas(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message

>> Anyway, the gig went well and I managed to get most of the fx cues
>> happening to a degree but sadly the LS9 will have to be added to the "no"
>> list on the band's tech riders. All in all a very disappointing
>> experience.
>>
>> Phildo
>
> Learn the user defined keys function
> George

In fact, get one for yourself and you'll learn to love it. I fly tap delays
in all the time, and make big use of the fx on my LS9/32 - it's the best
value desk on the market at the moment and great to use once you start
making a custom fader layer and make use of the user defined keys.

--
And remember kids, RAID is safe and the UPS never fails.

From: George's Pro Sound Company on

"Tim S Kemp" <news(a)timkemp.karoo.co.uk> wrote in message

> "George's Pro Sound Company" <bmoas(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
>
>>> Anyway, the gig went well and I managed to get most of the fx cues
>>> happening to a degree but sadly the LS9 will have to be added to the
>>> "no" list on the band's tech riders. All in all a very disappointing
>>> experience.
>>>
>>> Phildo
>>
>> Learn the user defined keys function
>> George
>>>

> In fact, get one for yourself and you'll learn to love it. I fly tap
> delays in all the time, and make big use of the fx on my LS9/32 - it's the
> best value desk on the market at the moment and great to use once you
> start making a custom fader layer and make use of the user defined keys.

But I must concede onewould not intuitively know how to set up these
functions
George

From: Sean Conolly on
"Arny Krueger" <arnyk(a)hotpop.com> wrote in message
> Implicit in the OP is the fact that the OP has apparently never used this
> particular desk before in his life, and his major experience with digital
> desks has been with an installed system, running the same shows over and
> over again, using a large format digital desk. With large format digital
> desks, you generally aren't doing that much with layers and menus, which
> is one reason why they are physically huge.

.... and that Phil was expecting a different desk when he showed up. Had he
known in advance what he would be using I'm sure he would have spent more
time in the manual to figure out what he needed, and probably would have had
an easier time.

Sean

From: Arny Krueger on
"Sean Conolly" <sjconolly_98(a)yaaho.com> wrote in message
> "Arny Krueger" <arnyk(a)hotpop.com> wrote in message

>> Implicit in the OP is the fact that the OP has
>> apparently never used this particular desk before in his
>> life, and his major experience with digital desks has
>> been with an installed system, running the same shows
>> over and over again, using a large format digital desk.

>> With large format digital desks, you generally aren't
>> doing that much with layers and menus, which is one
>> reason why they are physically huge.

> ... and that Phil was expecting a different desk when he
> showed up. Had he known in advance what he would be using
> I'm sure he would have spent more time in the manual to
> figure out what he needed, and probably would have had an
> easier time.

IME, it takes a lot more than just reading a manual to get a person up to
speed and comfort with digital consoles that have layers.

From: Eeyore on

Sean Conolly wrote:

> "Arny Krueger" <arnyk(a)hotpop.com> wrote
>
> > Implicit in the OP is the fact that the OP has apparently never used this
> > particular desk before in his life, and his major experience with digital
> > desks has been with an installed system, running the same shows over and
> > over again, using a large format digital desk. With large format digital
> > desks, you generally aren't doing that much with layers and menus, which
> > is one reason why they are physically huge.
>
> ... and that Phil was expecting a different desk when he showed up. Had he
> known in advance what he would be using I'm sure he would have spent more
> time in the manual to figure out what he needed, and probably would have had
> an easier time.

Doubtless true but does illustrate some of the potential weaknesses of digital
desks of that format.

Graham