From: Eeyore on

Joe Kotroczo wrote:

> "Eeyore" <rabbitsfriendsandrelations(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
> > Joe Kotroczo wrote:

> >> Where did I say anything about INTERVALS? Soundcheck is what you do BEFORE
> >> the audience gets let in.
> >
> > With SIX bands all consisting of MUSICIANS ? Yeah I got about 3 checked.
> >
> > This was flying by the seat of your pants work.
>
> It's amazing Graham how you get into a thread about something and twist it
> to make it a thread about you. This time, you twisted the thread from "how
> to set up a LS9 quickly" to "Graham mixes 6 bands in one evening".

I suppose you'd prefer it to be about you ? Or Phildo, or George.

Beware of catching Phildo's illness. You're showing distinct signs.

Graham

From: Arny Krueger on
"liquidator" <mikeh(a)mad.scientist.com> wrote in message

> I'm pretty much a jerk either way. I call them as I see
> them, and may not always see straight.

Then you do know yourself to at least a limited degree. :-(

From: Arny Krueger on
"Joe Kotroczo" <kotroczo(a)mac.com> wrote in message
> On 23/11/08 11:20, in article
> 49293C70.B5C7120A(a)hotmail.com, "Eeyore"
> <rabbitsfriendsandrelations(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Joe Kotroczo wrote:

If you know what you're doing, you get the console set up to your
preferences *before* the first band shows up, before the first sound check
with any band.

You make a quick guess about what the maximum configuration is going to be,
and figure out how to map that into the available inputs. In the case of a
digital console that needs to use layers to do the job, you map the maximum
expected config into the available layers.

>>> Huh? You doubt that the audience would have been happy
>>> with you doing 6 bands one evening? Or what?
>>
>> Since many didn't turn up til late (they are musicians
>> after all) I doubt the audience would be happy with 15
>> min intervals. They got what they got.

> Where did I say anything about INTERVALS? Soundcheck is
> what you do BEFORE the audience gets let in.

Sounds like this was a "battle of the bands" or festival type situation with
zero rehearsals and zero sound checks.

From: Joe Kotroczo on
On 24/11/08 11:54, in article 492A95FF.8068DF9B(a)hotmail.com, "Eeyore"
<rabbitsfriendsandrelations(a)hotmail.com> wrote:

> Joe Kotroczo wrote:

>>> With SIX bands all consisting of MUSICIANS ? Yeah I got about 3 checked.
>>>
>>> This was flying by the seat of your pants work.
>>
>> It's amazing Graham how you get into a thread about something and twist it
>> to make it a thread about you. This time, you twisted the thread from "how
>> to set up a LS9 quickly" to "Graham mixes 6 bands in one evening".
>
> I suppose you'd prefer it to be about you ? Or Phildo, or George.
>
> Beware of catching Phildo's illness. You're showing distinct signs.

I'd have preferred it to be about the LS9, which I believe is what we where
discussing.

--
Joe Kotroczo kotroczo(a)mac.com

From: Eeyore on

Arny Krueger wrote:

> "Joe Kotroczo" <kotroczo(a)mac.com> wrote

> If you know what you're doing, you get the console set up to your
> preferences *before* the first band shows up, before the first sound check
> with any band.
>
> You make a quick guess about what the maximum configuration is going to be,
> and figure out how to map that into the available inputs. In the case of a
> digital console that needs to use layers to do the job, you map the maximum
> expected config into the available layers.

> >> Since many didn't turn up til late (they are musicians
> >> after all) I doubt the audience would be happy with 15
> >> min intervals. They got what they got.
>
> > Where did I say anything about INTERVALS? Soundcheck is
> > what you do BEFORE the audience gets let in.
>
> Sounds like this was a "battle of the bands" or festival type situation with
> zero rehearsals and zero sound checks.

That kind of thing. And you know how uncooperative musicians can be ! Especially
lead guitarists. I taugh one a lesson once. During a soundcheck between songs I
turned up his level in a nearby monitor just a 'little bit'. I've never seen
anyone move so fast ! He turned down after that.

Graham