From: Phildo on

"Joe Kotroczo" <kotroczo(a)mac.com> wrote in message
> How do you set it up to your tastes if all the time you have to do it is a
> 15 minute soundcheck?

Actually it wasn't even that. House guy did the soundcheck with me watching
trying to get an idea for the board as time was so short. First time I
actually got to use the board was when the gig started.

Just for the record, time wasn't short because the band was late, it was
down to having to replace a shitty drum kit provided by one of the bands
that just wasn't up to the job.

Phildo

From: Bob Howes on

"Joe Kotroczo" <kotroczo(a)mac.com> wrote in message
> On 20/11/08 10:31, in article
> 00bVk.16478$sc2.2284(a)news-server.bigpond.net.au, "Bob Howes"
> <bob.howes(a)bee-tee-internet.com> wrote:
>
> (...)
>>
>> To Phildo I'd say "don't give up on the LS9 just yet". I've mixed on one
>> quite a few times and, provided I can set it up to MY tastes it's quite a
>> nice little mixer that I enjoy using.
>
> How do you set it up to your tastes if all the time you have to do it is a
> 15 minute soundcheck?
>
> --

If you KNOW you're going to be using an LS9 (clearly Phildo didn't know in
advance) you bring along your laptop (with Studio Manager) or even a memory
stick with your preferred setup and install all your preferences. When I
did a small tour recently we specified a PM5D in the rider (accepting an
M7CL if we had to) and just carried our setup this way. We could be up and
running with the "same" board in moments in every venue.

The same flexibility that is an advantage with most digital boards is a
disadvantage if you're thrown onto one at the last minute. When setting up
a board for myself I throw in lots of "customisation" that makes my job
easier...but I'd hate to be anyone else trying to step up and use my
settings. Even if the board Phil was talking about had a good "generic"
setup it obviously didn't suit the needs of that act.

Bob

From: Eeyore on

Phildo wrote:

> Also worth noticing ... about ..... Eyesore as he is about the only person
> who doesn't have Arny
> killfiled.

I have no-one killfiled.

Graham

From: Joe Kotroczo on
On 23/11/08 11:20, in article 49293C70.B5C7120A(a)hotmail.com, "Eeyore"
<rabbitsfriendsandrelations(a)hotmail.com> wrote:

> Joe Kotroczo wrote:

>>> As much as FIFTEEN minutes ? I did 6 bands one evening. I doubt the audience
>>> would have been happy with that.
>>
>> Huh? You doubt that the audience would have been happy with you doing 6
>> bands one evening? Or what?
>
> Since many didn't turn up til late (they are musicians after all) I doubt the
> audience would be happy with 15 min intervals. They got what they got.

Where did I say anything about INTERVALS? Soundcheck is what you do BEFORE
the audience gets let in.

--
Joe Kotroczo kotroczo(a)mac.com

From: liquidator on

"Eeyore" <rabbitsfriendsandrelations(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message

> George's Pro Sound Company wrote:
>

> It would be a pretty amazing drunk who remembered me mixing the same band
FOUR
> YEARS ago !

Or one who hasn't stopped drinking since that night 4 years ago and still
thinks it's the same night...