From: Eeyore on

George's Pro Sound Company wrote:

> I doubt a an audience would be happy if they were subjected to eyesore for
> even one band

" I have also mixed sound for them too on an occasional basis. Indeed, last
Saturday (Nov 15, 2008) I was approached by a member of the audience who
remembered me mixing the same band that was playing that night (a Rolling Stones
'tribute band') and he praised me for the quality of the sound I mixed 4 years
previously when I'd been mixing the same band that time. It seems I haven't lost
my touch ! "

How often do you get members of the audience remembering your mix from 4 years
ago George ?

Graham

From: Ron Johnson on
Eeyore wrote:

> Joe Kotroczo wrote:

>>> As much as FIFTEEN minutes ? I did 6 bands one evening. I doubt the audience
>>> would have been happy with that.
>> Huh? You doubt that the audience would have been happy with you doing 6
>> bands one evening? Or what?
>
> Since many didn't turn up til late (they are musicians after all) I doubt the
> audience would be happy with 15 min intervals. They got what they got.

I think you`ll find most venues do their soundchecks long before the
house is allowed in. Bands who turn up late don't get a sound check,
simple as that. First number is the soundcheck, once the band are
playing the priority is FoH sound, fiddling with the monitors comes
after FoH is right.

Actually, it often works out well that way, some bands spend far too
long fussing about - it`s rocknroll nor rocket science

Ron
From: Eeyore on

Ron Johnson wrote:

> Eeyore wrote:
> > Joe Kotroczo wrote:
> >> Huh? You doubt that the audience would have been happy with you doing 6
> >> bands one evening? Or what?
> >
> > Since many didn't turn up til late (they are musicians after all) I doubt the
> > audience would be happy with 15 min intervals. They got what they got.
>
> I think you`ll find most venues do their soundchecks long before the
> house is allowed in. Bands who turn up late don't get a sound check,
> simple as that.

That was my point.

Graham

From: George's Pro Sound Company on
> Actually, it often works out well that way, some bands spend far too long
> fussing about - it`s rocknroll nor rocket science
>
> Ron

yuo can get 98% of the FoH done without the band
and if I can't get the PA sound ready faster than the band itself can get
ready I am asleep at the wheel

5 minutes is a GENEROUS amount of time for set changes
george

From: Arny Krueger on
"Phildo" <Phil(a)phildo.net> wrote in message
>> "Arny Krueger" <arnyk(a)hotpop.com> wrote in message

>>> Implicit in the OP is the fact that the OP has
>>> apparently never used this particular desk before in
>>> his life, and his major experience with digital desks
>>> has been with an installed system, running the same
>>> shows over and over again, using a large format digital
>>> desk.

> For the record I have used lots of digital desks (from
> PM1D's to Soundcraft 328s) in a number of different
> scenarios (pubs to festivals) and Arny knows this full
> well.

As usual Phildo is talking trash.

I know about his PM1D experience, but that is a large format digital mixer
which supports my claim.

As far as Phildo's Soundcraft 328 experience goes, google searching shows
that he's mentioned "soundcraft 328" here once, some 5 years ago. I was not
a regular at AAPLS at that time. So,if one has perfect memory for the
collected works of the inestimable Phildo, he might actually know that
Phildo used one at one time.

Furthermore, even though someone may use a console that has layers, that
doesn't mean that they actually use the layers in the sense that you do when
you have heavily-used faders spread across several of them that you have to
reference during a show.

> I own a DDX3216

Phildo has referred to the DDX3216 on AAPLS about 132 times, and he did
indeed make an offhand comment about owning one back in 2005. So again, if
one has perfect memory for the collected works of the inestimable Phildo, he
might actually know that Phildo owns one.

Again, just because he owns one doesn't mean that he is well-practiced with
layered mixers. I have a friend who has a 01V96 who has never hooked up more
than 8 inputs to it, ever.