From: Eeyore on

Joe Kotroczo wrote:

> "Eeyore" <rabbitsfriendsandrelations(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
> > Joe Kotroczo wrote:

> >> Huh? You doubt that the audience would have been happy with you doing 6
> >> bands one evening? Or what?
> >
> > Since many didn't turn up til late (they are musicians after all) I doubt the
> > audience would be happy with 15 min intervals. They got what they got.
>
> Where did I say anything about INTERVALS? Soundcheck is what you do BEFORE
> the audience gets let in.

With SIX bands all consisting of MUSICIANS ? Yeah I got about 3 checked.

This was flying by the seat of your pants work.

Graham

From: Eeyore on

liquidator wrote:

> "Eeyore" <rabbitsfriendsandrelations(a)hotmail.com> wrote
> > George's Pro Sound Company wrote:
>
> > It would be a pretty amazing drunk who remembered me mixing the same band
> > FOUR YEARS ago !
>
> Or one who hasn't stopped drinking since that night 4 years ago and still
> thinks it's the same night...

No, he was quite compos mentis.

Graham

From: Eeyore on

liquidator wrote:

> Hey I did respond to one, not directly since Arny is in my killfile...but
> he actually made a sensible post. If he'd do that more instead of trying to
> strut, he's have at least a lot more "friendly acquaintances".
>
> I have a feeling in real life Arnie may be an OK guy...it's just when he
> gets to touting how great he is and proves otherwise...

Arny's been making a really good effort recently.

> It's not uncommon for people to display entirely different personalities
> off the net.
>
> I'm pretty much a jerk either way. I call them as I see them, and may not
> always see straight. But you will never get one thing to your face and
> different behind your back...
>
> A career in diplomacy was not an option for me...

Neither for me. I speak my mind too easily. But on one occassion, speaking to
Ron Stevenson at Neve's manufacturing plant in Kelso, Scotland who had got wound
up over an error generated by the IT Dept on one of my projects, he did end up
finally asking if I'd been to charm school !

Graham

From: Joe Kotroczo on
On 24/11/08 4:12, in article 492A29B1.8E61D5BD(a)hotmail.com, "Eeyore"
<rabbitsfriendsandrelations(a)hotmail.com> wrote:

> Joe Kotroczo wrote:

>>> Since many didn't turn up til late (they are musicians after all) I doubt
>>> the audience would be happy with 15 min intervals. They got what they got.
>>
>> Where did I say anything about INTERVALS? Soundcheck is what you do BEFORE
>> the audience gets let in.
>
> With SIX bands all consisting of MUSICIANS ? Yeah I got about 3 checked.
>
> This was flying by the seat of your pants work.

It's amazing Graham how you get into a thread about something and twist it
to make it a thread about you. This time, you twisted the thread from "how
to set up a LS9 quickly" to "Graham mixes 6 bands in one evening".

--
Joe Kotroczo kotroczo(a)mac.com

From: George's Pro Sound Company on

"Joe Kotroczo" <kotroczo(a)mac.com> wrote in message
> On 24/11/08 4:12, in article 492A29B1.8E61D5BD(a)hotmail.com, "Eeyore"
> <rabbitsfriendsandrelations(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Joe Kotroczo wrote:

>>> Where did I say anything about INTERVALS? Soundcheck is what you do
>>> BEFORE
>>> the audience gets let in.
>>
>> With SIX bands all consisting of MUSICIANS ? Yeah I got about 3 checked.
>>
>> This was flying by the seat of your pants work.
>
> It's amazing Graham how you get into a thread about something and twist it
> to make it a thread about you. This time, you twisted the thread from "how
> to set up a LS9 quickly" to "Graham mixes 6 bands in one evening".

BFD 6 bands in a WHOLE FREAKING NIGHT
that's every night for the club guys

and there is no way to walk up to a ls9 COLD (never seen one before) and use
its advanced features to the best of their ability
just as if you never saw a VCA desk, you would not be able to set up VCA and
mute groups properly
just like you can't jump from your automatic car and drive a dual range 10
speed 33,000 lb truck with a Jake brake

the problem wasn't the desk , or the operator
it was the substituting a more capable piece of gear at the last minute
that phildo simply had no experience with

George