From: Mike Dobony on

<infinitisound(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> there is no down side to my suggestion
>
> I'm gonna have to agree with George 100% here.
> - I play in a VERY similar band. 8-piece horn band:
> guitar,keys,bass,drums,trumpet,sax,tbone, lead vocal and we use the
> same setup:
>
> Large system: 2 kf650z per side, 4 LA400 center clustered if there is
> a stage (2 LA400 per side if no stage). We use the yorkville powered
> nx55p's as front fills if needed. This system works very well for
> this type of band. We have experimented
>
> Mid system: 1 Yorkvile nx55p per side over 2LA400 per side (not that
> we need that much sub, but we use them to for stacking)
>
> Anyway a few, with this rig, you want to do a few things:
> 1) Get the kfs up high because the HF horn is in the middle.
> 2) Run in triamp instead of biamp. The sound noticably better (at
> least on our dsp)
>
> Its a solid rig. You can come and listen to it if you want.
>

> There are some nice stacking options with this setup:
> 2 over 2
> IMGP0173.JPG'>2 kf650z over 2 LA</a>
>
> http://www.lhsoundandlight.com/photos4.htm
>
> if you play in a church, cover scaffold with black cloth:
> IMGP0173.JPG'>on scaffold</a>

> Pictures-025.jpg'>rig photo here</a>

My problem with King George is not about whether or not the suggested
equipment is adequate, but whether or not it fits the OP's budget and will
it be locally serviceable. Both are questionable. He also neglected to
mention the required crossover to run speakers with no crossovers built in.
But then again, it is not HIS money he demands others spend.

Mike D.