From: Eeyore on

Marc Amsterdam wrote:

> "Mike Dobony" wrote:
> >
> >King George doesn't care about budgets. Must sacrifice to the SR god. That
> >means you must sell the car, the house, and put the wife and kids up as
> >slaves to buy the best and most expensive SR gear.
> >
> and at least not spend it on china counterfeit sm58 that are omni....

LMAO !

Graham

From: Tim Perry on

> If SR _is_ George's god, at least he can prove that his god exists
>
> Ron(UK)

I have seen George, and I have seen Elvis, at least he looked like
Elvis...he was washing cars in Las Vegas at the Terrible Herbst. In fact I
met the flying Elvi.

I have heard it said that Elvis is an Icon.... but I have yet to see him on
any of my desktops.

Come to think of it, I have never seen George and Elvis at the same time!
Could it be someone has an alter ego?

From: Mike Dobony on

"gwatts" <gwatts(a)frontiernet.net> wrote in message
> Mike Dobony wrote:
>>
>> ... I did do a search on the UPA1's and
>> cannot find any for sale.
>
> http://www.soundbroker.com/SPEAKERS/?listingid=8147
> http://www.soundbroker.com/SPEAKERS/?listingid=33542
> http://www.soundbroker.com/SPEAKERS/?listingid=33228
> http://www.soundbroker.com/PA_SYSTEMS/?listingid=33462
>
> from
> http://www.hticsproaudio.com/used%20pro%20audio%20-%20speakers%20for%20sale_1.html
> Meyer UPA1C 10 available $801.00 32179
>
> ...there are more.
>

>> I also could not find any info on them unless you
>> are talking about hte UPA1-P's, a powered speaker.
>
> at
> http://www.meyersound.com/products/legacy/
>
> you'll find
> http://www.meyersound.com/pdf/products/legacy/upa-1c_ds.pdf
> http://www.meyersound.com/pdf/products/legacy/upa-1c_oi.pdf
>

> I'm finding myself more in agreement with George, Phildo, etc. You really
> should (at least) try harder, the above took me more time to cut and paste
> than to find.

What search engine did you use?

From: tbmoas58 on

"Mike Dobony" <sword(a)notasarian-host.net> wrote in message

> "gwatts" <gwatts(a)frontiernet.net> wrote in message
>> Mike Dobony wrote:
>>>
>>> ... I did do a search on the UPA1's and
>>> cannot find any for sale.
>>
>> http://www.soundbroker.com/SPEAKERS/?listingid=8147
>> http://www.soundbroker.com/SPEAKERS/?listingid=33542
>> http://www.soundbroker.com/SPEAKERS/?listingid=33228
>> http://www.soundbroker.com/PA_SYSTEMS/?listingid=33462
>>
>> from
>> http://www.hticsproaudio.com/used%20pro%20audio%20-%20speakers%20for%20sale_1.html
>> Meyer UPA1C 10 available $801.00 32179
>>
>> ...there are more.
>>

>>> I also could not find any info on them unless you
>>> are talking about hte UPA1-P's, a powered speaker.
>>
>> at
>> http://www.meyersound.com/products/legacy/
>>
>> you'll find
>> http://www.meyersound.com/pdf/products/legacy/upa-1c_ds.pdf
>> http://www.meyersound.com/pdf/products/legacy/upa-1c_oi.pdf
>>

>> I'm finding myself more in agreement with George, Phildo, etc. You
>> really should (at least) try harder, the above took me more time to cut
>> and paste than to find.
>
> What search engine did you use?

why would you need a search engine
just go to some of the EXTREMLY WELL KNOWN brokers for live sound gear

www.soundbroker.com is not really some insiders secret
neither is HTICS

George

From: Mike Dobony on

<tbmoas58(a)peoplepc.com> wrote in message

>>> do you even know what a la400 is
>>> and in fact I did recommend them
>>> here is a cut and paste from this very post
>>>
>>> Meyer upa1's( OR EAW KF650'S) over eaw la400's
>>>
>>> Six of then would do nicely
>>>
>>> do what nicely?
>>> I would not want a system that was simply 6 la400's
>>
>> Sorry. I didn't even check them out. I was thinking of FOH speakers in
>> an array for more even sound distribution.
>
> this is BASIC vocabulary that is used by sound professionals to describe
> what they are talking about

????????????????????? What are you talking about?

> its clear you do not grasp even the most common model numbers of the most
> popular sound gear used by pros world wide
>

> I did do a search on the UPA1's and
>> cannot find any for sale.
>
> www.soundbroker.com
>
> I also could not find any info on them unless you
>> are talking about hte UPA1-P's, a powered speaker.
>
> no I clearly stated I was talking about the discontinued upa1's(a and c
> models)
> the upa1-p would be almost 4000$ each
> a great used price would still be 2500$
> I did not spoeak of them as they DID NOT FIT THE BUDGET
>
> If so, the op could sell
>> some amps to make up the difference IF they can find any.
>
> you can get all the upa1-p's you want, if your wallet is fat enough

They were all I could find on a search.

>>> Used prices vary quite a bit and in today market 1000$ is likely the
>>> profit from les than 3 gigs
>>
>> And ONLY if one borrows to make up any additional funds needed to bust a
>> budget. Not everyone is willing to do that.
>>

>>> you really dont understand budgets do you bony
>>> they are not fixed numbers carved in stone unmuteable for any reason
>>> they are moveable goal posts that help guide twards a reasonable
>>> solution
>>
>> By their very nature, budgets are almost fixed in stone. When I purchase
>> a property for rehabbing I have a FIXED budget based upon after repair
>> value. If I want to keep making a profit I MUST have a FIXED budget. I
>> always budget for more to allow for "unexpected" costs, which means I bid
>> less than the maximum allowable price to allow for these unbudgeted
>> costs. Failing to follow budgets results in losses. The primary purpose
>> of a budget is to be in control of the money, a simple, basic concept you
>> have no grasp for. Basic math. Basic economics. Ignore the budget, lose
>> money. Follow the budget, maximize profits. The only time a budget does
>> not work is when it is unreasonable, that is, there is not enough money
>> to accomplish the goal or the budget exceeds income or reasonable income.
>> Example: $10 a week for food doesn't work unless you are getting your
>> food primarily from garbage cans, a not all that uncommon occurrence for
>> those who continuously spend more than they make.
>
> you have never worked with a budget
> its clear you have no clue as to what a budget is
>
> your call your own personal"I wont spend more than" a budget
> ITS NOT

That is the common definition of a budget. Do something bold, take an
ACCOUNTING class!

> what if the house was 10$ over "your budget?
> is that budget still set in stone
> hint
> no one will believe you if you say yes

Then I bid $10 less. DUH!!!!!!!! In fact, when it comes to bidding you
always go a few $1,000 below your maximum. Even the most famous house
rehabber, Armando Montelongo lives by this basic principal. That is HOW he
makes a minimum of $30,000 per house. Every investor lives by this hard and
fast rule. Fail to set up and follow the 70% rule and they stop loaning you
money. The ONLY time he goes over budget is in a major emergency or major
flaw is discovered after repairs start. Can you make a profit by ignoring
it occasionally? Yes, of course. Do you maximize profits by ignoring it?
No. Part of wise budgeting is to plan to spend more than you plan. In
other words, if I know it will cost me $3500 to reroof the house I budget
for $3800. Then if something goes wrong somewhere else I have the funds
already in my budget to cover it. That is basic budgeting. You need to
follow Scotty's advice, if you know it will take 2 hours for the repair tell
the captian it will take 4 hours. Then you look like a genius!

> budgets are not fixed amounts, by thier very nature they are created
> before that actual cost can be determined

So? I know how much it costs to reroof a house and I know how much it costs
to repaint a house. I add a fudge factor and allow for unseen repairs.

> you clearly are not a sound man or a business man
> nor a man who loves christ

On what basis do you say that? I am always complimented on my mixing. I
live according to the common rules of business and investing. I have been
set free by Christ by the evidence to compare to in the Bible and have
helped many others become set free. He is my Lord. You have no concept of
what Lord means, because you condemn every authority, yet you fire people
for doing what you do.

Mike D.

> what is it you are besides a uneducated blowhard?

An "uneducated blowhard" who is successful.