From: Mike Dobony on

"mcsteve" <mcstevex1350(a)verizon.net> wrote in message
> "Mike Dobony" <sword(a)notasarian-host.net> wrote:
>> King George doesn't care about budgets. Must sacrifice to the SR god.
>> That means you must sell the car, the house, and put the wife and kids up
>> as slaves to buy the best and most expensive SR gear.
>
> Once again, you exhibit how ignorant you are when it comes to the
> topic of live sound.
> EAW 650s and LA 400s are hardly "the best and most expensive"
> speakers out there. They are certainly good sounding boxes that
> can be bought at a reasonable price, but they hardly fit the hyperbole
> you've wrapped them in.

??????????? Do you know how to read? King George recommended MEYER's, NOT
EAW.

From: Mike Dobony on

<tbmoas58(a)peoplepc.com> wrote in message

> "Mike Dobony" <sword(a)notasarian-host.net> wrote in message
>>
>> "Eeyore" <rabbitsfriendsandrelations(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message

>>> How much is a set of those going to cost ? Rather more than $4k
>>> methinks.
>>>
>>> Graham
>>>

>> King George doesn't care about budgets. Must sacrifice to the SR god.
>> That means you must sell the car, the house, and put the wife and kids up
>> as slaves to buy the best and most expensive SR gear
>
> The band has 13 people in it
> this is not a bottom feeder operation
> the are playing FUNK
> bon your cleless as to what is needed
> sre they might get by on some mid grade jbl or some such but it will get
> trashed very quickly

I have seen JBL's hold up quite nicely. Just take a little care of them.

> point is the upa1 are no longer in production and used ones go for
> 1000-1200 pair
> very reasonable for pro level speakers
> la400's are also in 600$ each price uses
> so you have a 5000$ investment that will sound GREAT AND have resale value
> almost equal to what you paid when its time to sell

Then why didn't you recommend the LA400's then? Six of then would do nicely
and fit the OP's budge of $4,000, not your budget of $5,000. Stick with the
OP's budget, not your own.

From: tbmoas58 on

> "mcsteve" <mcstevex1350(a)verizon.net> wrote in message
>> "Mike Dobony" <sword(a)notasarian-host.net> wrote:
>>> King George doesn't care about budgets. Must sacrifice to the SR god.
>>> That means you must sell the car, the house, and put the wife and kids
>>> up as slaves to buy the best and most expensive SR gear.
>>
>> Once again, you exhibit how ignorant you are when it comes to the
>> topic of live sound.
>> EAW 650s and LA 400s are hardly "the best and most expensive"
>> speakers out there. They are certainly good sounding boxes that
>> can be bought at a reasonable price, but they hardly fit the hyperbole
>> you've wrapped them in.
>>

> ??????????? Do you know how to read? King George recommended MEYER's,
> NOT EAW.

I in fact recommened both the meyer upa1's at about 650$ each or the EAW
kf650 at about 1200.00(both used prices) as being suitable for the task
I also recommended the EAW la400 subs

From: tbmoas58 on

> <tbmoas58(a)peoplepc.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Mike Dobony" <sword(a)notasarian-host.net> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Eeyore" <rabbitsfriendsandrelations(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message

>>> King George doesn't care about budgets. Must sacrifice to the SR god.
>>> That means you must sell the car, the house, and put the wife and kids
>>> up as slaves to buy the best and most expensive SR gear
>>
>> The band has 13 people in it
>> this is not a bottom feeder operation
>> the are playing FUNK
>> bon your cleless as to what is needed
>> sre they might get by on some mid grade jbl or some such but it will get
>> trashed very quickly
>>

> I have seen JBL's hold up quite nicely. Just take a little care of them.
>
>> point is the upa1 are no longer in production and used ones go for
>> 1000-1200 pair
>> very reasonable for pro level speakers
>> la400's are also in 600$ each price uses
>> so you have a 5000$ investment that will sound GREAT AND have resale
>> value almost equal to what you paid when its time to sell
>>

> Then why didn't you recommend the LA400's then? .

do you even know what a la400 is
and in fact I did recommend them
here is a cut and paste from this very post

Meyer upa1's( OR EAW KF650'S) over eaw la400's

Six of then would do nicely

do what nicely?
I would not want a system that was simply 6 la400's

> and fit the OP's budge of $4,000, not your budget of $5,000. Stick with
> the OP's budget, not your own

Used prices vary quite a bit and in today market 1000$ is likely the profit
from les than 3 gigs

you really dont understand budgets do you bony
they are not fixed numbers carved in stone unmuteable for any reason
they are moveable goal posts that help guide twards a reasonable solution
george

From: mcsteve on
<tbmoas58(a)peoplepc.com> wrote:
> I in fact recommened both the meyer upa1's at about 650$ each or the EAW
> kf650 at about 1200.00(both used prices) as being suitable for the task
> I also recommended the EAW la400 subs

You know, George...
It dawned on me that your use of the phrase "over LA 400s"
went right 'over' Bony's pointy little head. He probably thinks it
meant "other than". As in, "I would recommend A over B".
He probably doesn't know that the 400s are subs.
But, why would he? He knows next to nothing.

--
Steve <snip> McQ